Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Crazy for "Origins"

I have two more LO's to share today using the amazing "Origins" by Basic Grey! This line is so amazing to use. The LO's just go together very easily!

This LO was based on Sketch #52 at 52 Sketches 52 Weeks. Sadly, this is the last sketch before Julie closes down the site. I love Julie's sketches and still plan on doing the sketches that she posts on her personal blog. I had to document little Maggie May recovering from her surgery to remove bladder stones. We were given a vile containing 5 stones! What a wonderful "home made" Christmas gift!! LOL Maggie is totally back to normal and is feeling much better than she has been feeling recently. Now we just have to hope that they don't come back. Some of the stones have been sent away for testing. This will determine if a dietary change is in order.


This next LO was based on a sketch by Julie Bonner, which I found on her personal blog. I thought the colours of "Origins" went so well with the colour of Mo's eyes. This is Diane's cat when he was a kitten. Oh, Jeff is in the picture too!! LOL Jeff is Diane's boyfriend. I LOVE this picture of the two of them. I did some serious scraplifting on this LO! ;) The two flowers at each corner of the photo were lifted from a LO by Kelly Goree which I found on the BG web site. It amazes me what she does with BG supplies. She can layer element stickers in amazing ways. I always search to get ideas of how she has used the line before I cut into mine! :)

I will have more creations with "Origins" in my next post. I just can't seem to put these awesome supplies away!

Happy Scrapping! Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. great layouts Jen - the circle framing all the photos of poor Mags and her cone head. Hope she will recover quickly. The one with the kitty is a perfect match - only you can find the perfect colors in paper to match a kitten's eyes!! I too adore the flower embelishies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO's. I guess you are loving 'Origins'. lol.

    ~KK [from SI and 52]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used the BG Origins with pet pics , Jenn ! I'm keeping them for park pics I think . lol
    Great takes on the sketches as always !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pages!!! Love how you always rock BG & my sketches :) I just ordered the Origins papers/embellies - can't wait to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those LOs are amazing, Jen! I especially love the LO of Mo and Jeff. Those Origins papers are awesome. Can't wait to get mine (thanks!), but I think I'll have a hard time cutting into them!! They're just too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the second layout! Gorgeous! I am going to have to check out that sketch! Happy New Year my scrappy friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...