Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catching up on Project 365

I have been working on my LO's for Project 365. I am still enjoying this challenge and it is hard to believe that January is almost done! It is really fun to look at this assortment of photos in the same LO! It is a great way to use up papers from the sale bin that I never had the "lumpy" stuff to go with.

Week #3 was done with papers from BG and SassaFras! The first LO was not done with a specific sketch, more of a "mish mash" approach. I got the idea of sewing the circles from a LO done by Jennifer Findley! You can visit her blog here. She has such a talent! The second LO for Week #3 is based on sketch #24 at The Scrappiest. I flipped the sketch and changed it a bit. It is almost impossible to follow a sketch to it's true design with this project. I am slowly accepting that this project is not so much about design and composition, it is all about the documentation. The journaling for the movie "The Lovely Bones" was cut out of a picture that I took of the movie sign at the cinema. This journaling idea was yet another great idea from DH, Robert! Too funny when he comes up with these suggestions that work!! :) Oh, and regarding the movie, just skip it and read the book! The book was so awesome and the movie a real disappointment. It usually is that way. A great book does not usually translate into a great movie.



Week #4 was done using these fun papers from Sassa Fras! Got these in the sale bin for $0.20!! Gotta love it!! This first one is based on sketch #41 from The Scrappiest.

This next Lo for Week #4 is based on sketch #8 from The Scrappiest. I cut the petals of a paper flower to make the border down the side of the photo is Gus! This project really does make me find ways to use paper more creatively! The self imposed "nothing lumpy" rule is challenging me! Looking back on the Week #4 LO's makes me realize what a non exciting week it was!! LOL

On an exciting note, I woke up this morning to learn that I won this week's prize at Sketch Inspiration!! I am still in shock and can't believe that I won a prize again!! The LO was done with my prize papers I won at 52 Sketches 52 Weeks!! Too funny. I don't usually win things so I'm sure that I am done now for quite a while!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the latest win ! woot ! you are on a roll !!! & great to see you all caught up with the Project 365 layouts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, you are so sweet. I ahd no idea I had inspired you, but it is really so flattering!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...