Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Naughty or Nice

I have two LO's to share today that were made using the Pink Paislee Christmas line called, "Naughty or Nice". I loved the vintage vibe of these papers and the fact that the main colours were red and blue. Love to step away from tradition!

This first LO is of Rob and Dad washing up dishes on Christmas day. I used Sketch # 105 from Sketch Inspiration. The line had one sheet of paper that had tags on the back. It was great for cutting images out. Lots of embellishing bang for the buck. I was also able to use one of the tiny blue snowflake brads that Susan sent me at Christmas time!

This next LO was done using Sketch #29 on The Scrappiest. It was a great sketch to use the fancy shaped paper in the line. Rob took this picture of one of our outdoor ornaments that hangs on our garland! We had what the weatherman referred to as, "fog frost"! It sure added the perfect touch to this not so pretty plastic Ikea ornament! I made the flower but, have to confess that it was totally scraplifted off of the Pink Paislee site! If only I could come up with something like that on my own!! It really does pay to spend the time to check out the paper sites and see what people can do with these papers! Magazines will give some inspiration but with the publishing delay, it is usually with older lines of paper.

On a bittersweet note, 52 Sketches 52 Weeks is now finished but, I was lucky enough to win the very last prize!! I'm still in shock! The papers are from MME and I can't wait to create something with them! :)

Happy Scrapping! Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. wow, these are awesome. i am so glad i found your blog! i am def a follower now and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower embellie on the 2nd layout - as for the first one - Rob always tells us you pick out his clothes for him - do you deliberately pick colors that will match your paper stash!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LOs, Jen and as usual your embellishing rocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that you won at 52sketches , Jenn ! well deserved !

    Good to see you using a Scrappiest Sketch here too ! hope you're taking part in the Jan sketches ? you just might get lucky there too ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...