Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Prize Papers

I received my prize package from Julie at 52 Sketches 52 Weeks and couldn't wait to cut into them. This LO was done using the MME "Be Loved" collection. I love the soft muted tones in this line. It lends itself well to that vintage vibe that I love. This is Diane and Moose just before we left to drop Moose off for a one week stay at the kennel, hence the forced smile on Diane's face. She worries about her baby, as all good mamas do. :) He did really well and even got a good report card upon his departure. I told Diane that they lied! LOL So, Moose did fine and Diane had an awesome holiday in Cuba! I used Trisha's Sketch #108 from Sketch Inspirations. It was a really fun sketch to work with and I even stepped outside my box and used some ribbon. This photo of my LO has shadows from the sun but, it is that or a dull winter light photo. Just a few short months and the lighting will be great again! :) These days I am like a cat looking for a sunny patch. Oh, what we do for the love of this hobby.

Basic Grey has revealed five new paper lines! This is a scary thing for me, as I tend to go nuts over all BG lines and want it all!! Scary amount of money for paper!! Luckily for me, there is only two lines that I really care for and didn't really have a crazy "awwww" moment that I usually have. My favourite line is "Green at Heart". I love the vibrant colours in it. I love those little tags called, "pieces" that they have for each line. My second favourite is "Kioshi". I like the pastel shades and the amount of purple in it. Purple just makes me happy! You can check out the new BG here.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

2 comments:

  1. ooo grreat to see you cut into your prize MME pps , Jenn ! love how this layout turned out ! i have a newfound appreciation for using non color photos in my layouts too ! lol

    & I soo hear you there on the new BG releases - 5 lines ! gosh ! thats too much to get at one go ! I dunno I hold to steer clear this time but we shall see ! I mean I havent even cut much into my Porcelaine or Lime Rickey yet ! and and ....haha !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME - LOVE your layout - you totally rocked those papers :) The stitching is just amazing!!! I know - I have recently gotten back into BG & am very tempted by some of their lines - they have so many embellies the bill adds up so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...