Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Taste of Summer

Well, it is a chilly January day here in Alberta. How much longer until spring?? Oh how I long for a walk with my pups on a warm day with the sound of birds singing and a warm breeze on my face. I'm guessing that it is still a four month wait. :(

I had so much fun scrapping this LO yesterday. Diane and Jeff and friends spent a week in Cuba. Oh to be young and look this cute in a bikini! I was lucky enough to be given a handful of photos for my own scrapping use! Score!! Hard copies of photos from people in my daughters' generation is a rare thing! I am still hoping for a copy of a picture of Lisa in Cuba from her trip, this time last year. I'm not giving up hope. ;) A mother's guilt trip is a powerful thing! LOL It was so much fun to use summer papers. These are from Fancy Pants and I was so happy to find a good use for them. The sketch is one from Julie Bonner's blog. I love how Julie's sketches lend themselves to much layering and the circle element is usually present. The sketches are always so original!


Today is another scrappy day for me. A wonderful way to spend a chilly afternoon. I'll be putting on the fireplace to stay cozy and so the pups can curl up for a warm winter nap. I guess it is the next best thing to a warm springtime walk.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous summer layout indeed , Jenn ! Such cute pics ! love the little details that you always take time to add - the stitching , brads ... yums !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...