Monday, February 8, 2010

A Small Sign of Spring

I am so happy to be noticing the return of the Sparrows to my backyard! It is always my first sign that Spring is just a mere three months away. ;) I can see the activity and hear the sounds of chirping. It is music to my ears! Last year, the Sparrows began nesting in the bird houses in March. I wonder if I will be lucky enough to have more house guests this year.

I had so much fun yesterday, putting together these cards for Valentine's Day! I used a card kit from Basic Grey featuring the Sugar Rush paper line. It was my first time using a kit and I have to say I LOVED it! I felt like a little kid looking for all the embellishments that had the number that matched the card number I was working on. It is definitely an easy project with very limited creativity, but it was an awesome break from the norm. It was "card making for dummies" for sure. Now the trick will be trying to stay away from purchasing more of these fun kits. I have so much amazing scrap paper to use up by making cards!!

I'm hoping to get a bit of scrapping time in later today. I have some amazing photographs of Thomas that I am so excited about scrapping and an amazing new sketch by Trisha that I am so excited about doing! But first, I have to go for a dentist check up. :(

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

2 comments:

  1. Jen - you were a busy girl and what a great collection of cards - just like being excited about spring on it's way - your creative mojo was HOT!! I love all the bright colors. Can we please see more pix of the individual cards - like the blue one in the middle with orange circle and blue heart?? cheers - terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your dental visit went well ! I know the feeling ! ;)

    Can't wait to see your new layouts with baby Thomas ! & how cute are these BG Sugar Rush V Day cards ! I haven't made any at all this year .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...