Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Something Different

A new LO to share today. This is Lisa and her boyfriend, Andrew. I'm still loving B&W's lately and was happy to get this good picture during February. After all, it is the month of love!

I used sketch #65 from Creative Scrappers. I plan on using this site much more often now. I downloaded 75 sketches last night! Aphra has just joined the sketch team and I can't wait to see her sketches and give them a go!

The papers are by Prima. I have never used this manufacturer before and was just loving some of these papers from their new lines. One of my scrapping mentors, Pearl, does amazing LO's with Prima products. You can check out her blog here, for some inspiration and lots of eye candy! She is a very talented lady!! Her LO's are amazing!!

Okay, so this is what I did on this LO that I usually don't do. First off, I used a pearl bling flourish. I'm more of a button and stitching girl. I used the large pink flower from Pink Paislee. This is another type of product that I usually stay away from. I did change the button and replaced it with a vintage button by Jenni Bowlin. Those buttons are so beautiful. I finally used a fancy pin on a LO!! This is a new product from Jenni Bowlin also. I really had no idea where to stick this pin at first, but they worked well in the butterflies that I hand cut from paper. The lace flower, I made! I am really happy with the outcome. I just punched out a one inch circle and put a few large Zots on it. I then just overlapped my lace in a circular direction. Then I put the fancy pearl brad in the middle. Very simple. The vintage lace is from Melissa Francis.

To give myself some comfort and familiarity I did use a ticket (ahhh, love tickets and tags) but for the very first time, I used Glimmer Mist!!! I'm not a misting fan. :( It just seems too random to me!! This is probably why, when we faux painted a wall in our house back in the 90's using the "smooshing" technique, I couldn't live with it and had to ask Rob to repaint it. I know, I'm a tortured artist, trying to control my work!! LOL

The title was cut with my Cricut. I like how it almost blends in with the page. I wanted a soft feel. This goes against my norm of titles that are bolder.

So, although I had an uneasy feeling while creating this LO, I am happy with my end result. I still have some Prima paper left, so who knows, maybe it is time for me to use up some of the gem embellishments that I buy but rarely use.

My next project will be an 8x8 album with the new MME Lush line. Be prepared to be dazzled with gems, pearls and flocking!! ;)

Happy Scrapping! Jen :)

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer!! This is beautiful! I love how it is different from what you normaly do, but I can tell that it's still your LO! I am in love with your cut title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of kudos to you here, Jenn for coming out of your box , so to speak ! wow with the use of this Prima Flight of Fancy line ! I am loving soft colors at the moment & I love it that you kept it all soft ! & gotta try that lace handmade flower sometime - that sounds easy enough to make & it adds so much to the design here ! & yes ! yes ! time to de-hoard these pearl/crystal swirls ! too beautiful to not be used !

    & thanks ever , Jenn , for putting my blog link here ! You are too kind , calling me a scrappy mentor even ! woot ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I love this LO! Good for you for stepping out of your box! I find that tough...but usually, I love the result because it opens up so many possibilities! :) You have done a fabulous job with this one - you'd never know you were new to some of these techniques! I hear you on the glimmer mist...I love the look, but I'm not sure I can handle not being able to "control" it! ~~Teri~~ PS: Holy crow, you are a prolific scrapbooker, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's all so beautiful, Jen! This might be my favourite LO of yours. I also love how you are posting close-ups of some of the elements of your LOs now. I don't have to save the photo to my laptop and zoom in anymore! LOL Really great job on this one! Congrats. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...