Thursday, February 11, 2010

Still a Scrapping!

Well, my scrapping mojo is still flowing so I have another LO to share. This is my sister Susan, and her family. My brother Andrew, took this photograph just before they left the hospital after meeting Thomas. It is so great to have a picture of the whole family. Often, when the kids reach this age, these opportunities are rare. I am really enjoying the B&W photos lately. It sure does make the paper choices very simple. There is just something about B&W that is timeless and classic! I used another one of Julie Bonner's sketches. The paper line is from MME call "Oh La La for Him". I love the soft vintage look to these papers.


One of my scrapping mentors, Aphra Bolyer, has started a new web site called "The Paper Poppy Kit Co." Her first kit reveal will be in March. To celebrate, Aphra has 17 days of giveaways! Head on over and take a peek. Aphra is so very talented so I am excited to see what she comes up with for kits. I'm sure they will be awesome! There is even mention of homemade embellishments. I have never joined a kit club before because I am lucky enough to live near some amazing scrapping stores. Well, that and the fact that I have often times used a paper line before I see it featured in a kit. However, there is something special about how talented people can mix lines and embellishments. A kit would also push me to use items that I may not think of buying for myself. I may be hooked on this kit idea after getting my prize kit from JuJu Bee's. I was lucky enough to win on week #4 of Sketch Inspiration. This win mixed with Aphra's new company may be opening a Pandora's box for me!! LOL

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

3 comments:

  1. There is something really cool about how a black and white photo works so well with that soft golden color with just a hint of green. Very pretty layout. t

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome - love the MME papers & love your embellishing on this!!! The B & W looks perfect - I am currently addicted to sepia prints :) I really love the scalloped edges peeking out around the circle - looks fabulous!! Thanks for all your sweet comments :) Also - I am addicted to kits - I stopped for awhile but as you said - I love seeing what others mix together - I can't wait for Aphra's reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Black and white photos + buttercup yellow = yummy. What a great combo, and a fabulous take on her sketch! I can't wait to see the first kit over at Paper Poppy, can you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...