Monday, February 15, 2010

This & That

I have a few things to share today. Robert and I went on a walk today with the pups and brought the camera along which always turns into a photography competition. ;) Okay, I can admit that once again Robert wins! He just has got a really good eye and seems to get good angles! In my defense, he did take photography in High School. I was probably busy in home economics and did my school even offer photography???

This is my favourite of Rob's shots. It was taken looking right up into the hanging pine cone. I just can't wait to scrap it.

Now, here are some of mine. I'm still trying to rock the winter branch and I think it is time for me to find a new angle! LOL

Now on to my latest LO's. This first one is based on Sketch #111 at Sketch Inspiration. I used Pink Paislee papers called "Cupid". I was really happy to get to use so many of the fun embellishments and tags that came with the line. I made the scallops for the heart with my one inch punch. I saw an amazing heart on a LO on the PP site. Take a peek at it here. I was not quite that motivated to take on the challenge of this, but I LOVE the look.

This next LO is of my Gussy. I just love the look he gave me here. He is sitting in the kitchen, trying to will me to give him a treat, which is sitting on the counter above him. This LO is very much inspired and in some places just down right scraplifted from a LO that Jennifer Findley did. She is one of my scrapping mentors. I love her style and her paper choices. I did leave a comment on her blog letting her know that I was feeling a major "scraplift" coming on. ;) Check out her blog here for some wonderful inspiration. I also used Pink Paislee "Cupid" on this.

This last LO was made using the very last scraps of "Cupid". It is all gone now. So sad. :( This is based on a sketch by Julie Bonner that I found on her blog . I love how so many of Julie's sketches use many photos. This is Gus once again. I haven't done a LO of this furry little fellow in awhile, so I was happy to get these done.

Well, this ended up being a really long post! Until next time, Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! I love your photography and your layouts, but I am stopping by because I am Frances...from the Paper Poppy! I just saw your post of your scrappy playlist, and I saw Van Morrison! He is one of my all time faves, but not many people seem to enjoy him as much as I. So, just needed to say hey to a fellow Morrison lover...hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all gorgeous!
    I really love the pictures you were able to capture on the walk.
    And, the layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, I love that photo of the pinecone as well! I love how the skyline is slightly blurred and you focus right on the cone. Can't wait to see how you scrap it. I love looking at your nature layouts. Must be beautiful terrain up there. You always have amazing photos of birds and flowers.

    Your take on the sketch inspiration challenge is beautiful. I always get stumped by shapes on my layouts. Great everyday photo, too. =)

    How's the weather treating you there? Finally starting to warm up a little?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jen! Thanks so much for the love on my blog! :) Looks like we frequent some of the same blogs online...and I love love LOVE your pink paislee pages! Such delectable colours. And your photos are fabulous! I'm off to take a peek around your blog...I hope you play along and post some ugliness along with me! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really worked the PP cupid Line beautifully here , Jenn ! Gussy looks soo adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, thanks for the lift and the shout out! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...