Monday, February 22, 2010

A Wintery LO

It's a gloomy , chilly winter day here today. The perfect day to work on a winter LO! I took this picture of Rob and the pups walking through the park. I love candid shots like this that just capture a single moment. I wanted to use a B&W to add to the winter feel. The papers here are Fancy Pants "Arctic Chill". I love the muted, grunge look of these. So different from what you usually see in winter supplies. The LO is based on sketch #112 at Sketch Inspiration.

I made the snowflake clusters by hand cutting patterned paper, making snowflake die cuts with the Cricut, using rub ons and brads. The border was cut from patterned paper and I also used my punch for added layering.

Both the title and journaling are rub ons. It was fun to find different supplies in my stash that worked so well with the line.

On an exciting note, I solved my problem of having cropped and scrapped some of my most precious photos in early 2000 when scrapbooking was in it's infancy stage and supplies and techniques were not what they are today. We have ordered a scanner that will allow us to scan in our old negatives into a digital photograph which can be printed any time I wish!! Very exciting. It is a three week wait until it comes in. I have already been preparing. I have spent hours going through my negatives and trying to put them in some kind of order of either theme (birthdays, Christmas) or chronological order. I realized that we didn't take a whole lot of photos back in the day. We just seem to have photos of celebrations and very little of the everyday events and moments. I think that scrapbooking has helped us all realize the importance of capturing the everyday moments that make up our lives. So, my DD's will no longer have to fret that there is not a single photo of them that has not been scrapped circa 1999!! LOL Their childhood photographs, as limited as they are, will be available for them to do with them as they please. Now I am a happy mom once again. :)

One last exciting piece of news. Jana Eubank, one of my scrapping mentors, has just started a new sketch blog. You can check it out here. I love everything that Jana does. She is such a talented lady!! It will be so great to have all these wonderful sketches to easily access in one spot!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful wintry layout , Jenn ! I can hardly keep up with the many sketch challenges out there now !

    & hurray for you being able to scrap really old pics soon enough ! ;)

    It's great of Jana to organise her sketches in one palce . I soo gotta try one of her sketches soon . lol .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is GORGEOUS! Love those non-traditional colours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I forgot to add that it's so sweet of yer to think of me ( eeks ! enabling you buying Prima papers !!! ) I have to admit my greatest expenditure on scrappy schtuff is tops Prima - last year I made the mistake of buying a lot of large but beautiful fabric flowers . I am so thankful Prima came up with the 1-1.5" versions this year - so I could get almost the entire pp collections - wow ! i lost count there - 6 lines ? but overall yet ! I spent half of what I did last year - so that's a pretty happy situation ! lol .

    The cheapest stuff for us here to get is always the pps - I would recommend splurging less on embellies to get costs down - pps are ok but also in moderation - cos look ! we can get half of the new collections & if you dont mind when you get down to the scraps of them - you can combine them with the older lines that match etc or with other brands etc hey we gotta get real when budgets gotta be stretched ! woot ! hope I aint preaching too much ! ;)

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout...the pic is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow gorgeous layout! And I love your photos too. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...