Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back from the Poppyfield

Yesterday was a totally scrappy day using my Paper Poppy Kit Co. prize. I made three more LO's and had so much fun!! I'm sad to say that I am now down to scraps for card making but, April is just around the corner and with April comes a new kit up for sale!! Yay!! :)

Here's my Canadian Geese LO. It was interesting for me to use navy blue. This is a colour that I would never have thought of buying supplies in and yet I love the look. I also love kraft paper so I used a piece from my stash. This also let me stretch my card stock from the kit for other uses. I used some Jenni Bowlin buttons in cream and green brads from my stash. I was also lucky enough to have a piece of green text paper from the same line as the bird paper, so I made some flowers out of this. It was really fun to be able to use some items from my stash along with the kit.

I used this sketch from Julie Bonner's blog.

Here's Gus in this LO. Love this fuzzy little face! :) I used the same punch on my borders as Aphra used on the hidden journaling bag in the kit. Items from my stash are the red JB vintage button, the rub-ons, kraft card stock and small number stickers. I made the circular border by punching one inch circles out of one of the patterned papers.

I used another one of Julie Bonner's sketches.

Here is the last LO. This is me at four! I had so much fun putting the little banner together. I made the journaling card by cutting down a circular JB journaling spot. I then used the parts that I cut off for extra layering. Items from my stash are the kraft card stock, the JB chipboard button and pink brad.

I used Francis's sketch here!! It is the March sketch for the kit company. Fun sketch!! :)

I still have some scraps left and plan on putting together some cards using Aphra's card sketches! I'm like a little kid at Christmas who is sad that it is over. Yeah, that is how I feel about my kit being almost done. LOL I loved how this kit had so many original elements and that I used items that I would not have thought of to buy for myself. I found that the kit also encouraged me to use paper more creatively. I was really trying to get every bit of goodness out of it! I used up every inch of the floss and a large part of the printed paper bag that the kit came in! I still have an awesome paper bag album from the kit. I still have to plan on what to make with this! :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Today, I plan on actually spending some time with my family! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)


9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jen! Fabulous layouts, as usual! :) I agree about the navy blue - it's one that I don't usually choose in scrapbooking or in clothing, for that matter, but it really is a calm and classic colour. I love how it turned out! I couldn't believe it when I saw that that gorgeous "Me" layout was from Frances' sketch! How cool! I love seeing other people's interpretations of this sketch...I had better go check out Frances' original post to see if anyone else used the sketch, too! :)

    Thanks for the congratulations, and I'm glad you got to enjoy the quiet time while your husband was gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee, Jenn, you ROCKED every inch of that kit girlie! LOVE them all, especially the first one about the geese. I'm with you on the navy blue. I have two boys and still don't really turn to that color but I love everyone's layouts with it. I am sending the Paper Poppy readers here to see your newest creations. Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layouts Jen! It's great to see that you are really trying to get the most from your kit as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I love everything you have done with Aphra's kit!!!!!! Love how you used the papers... beautiful work. I just linked you to mine as one of my favorites so I will be able to see when you post and follow you closely. You sure inspired me! Thank you for commenting on mine too, it really encourages me. Yes, Creative Scrappers is so much fun! Today is the first time I do one of their sketches. Happy Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jennifer! You've done very well with the kit! I love all 3 of your gorgeous layouts! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I just love these Jennifer...you are sooooo going to love April's kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, adore, in awe of layout #3! Wow! Just absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Jen! Still no kit for me, but I wanted to let you know that I've been screeched in, too! In fact, when I was in St. John's last summer for my friends' wedding, I was the MC and they screeched me in right then and there! No cod-kissin' for me...but I did have to kiss a (stuffed) puffin's arse! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. such fab creations with the kit , Jenn ! just inspiring ! my fave is also that of you at four ! just precious !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...