Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to Scrapping!!

Yay!!! I actually have a LO to share today!! This will be much more exciting than a kitchen! :)

I did this LO last night. We went into the country a few weekends ago because I wanted to get a picture of horses for Project 365. We found these fellows after much searching and one failed photo attempt. The first set of horses that I photographed had images of blurred twigs in front of the horses. Rob had to do some fast and fancy highway driving maneuvering (his old days of policing still come in handy) and then I had to track through a dirty ditch to get to the fence. I got mud on my Uggs!! In my life, this is a bad thing. I love my Uggs and do all I can to keep them looking new! (They are like wearing your slippers out in the snow!! ) Back to the twigs. I tend to get on tangents. Rob thought the photos had an artistic appeal but I thought that it just looked like bad photography. So, I ditched those photos. The successful photos didn't even require me to exit the vehicle thanks to the great zoom feature on my Nikon P90. It is 24 times and is amazing!!

The sketch I used is #117 from Sketch Inspiration. I loved this simple and very linear look. I was missing my normal layering, but it is always fun to do something away from my norm. I used Jillibean papers. The journaling spot is by MME and I was able to use some blue chalk to highlight the flowers in it. The alphas are from the BG Origins line. I LOVE the look of brown and black together. I used my Martha Stewart border punch and I have to say that I find her brand much more easy to use than the Fiskars brand. For some reason, the paper seems to stay in place better. Well, leave it to Martha to out do the others. LOL Sorry, I'm not a big Martha fan.

Well, I have some more domestic duties to attend to but, I am planning my next project out in my head. Creative Scrappers has an amazing sketch up this week. It might work well with an old B&W of me as a toddler and my coveted Kioshi paper. I am dying to use some more of it but it doesn't exactly go with just any photo.

Hope that everyone is having a pleasant Monday with some time left over for some good scrappy time!!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. Really nice LO. Love those photos and the blue/brown colour combination. Nice that you finally got to use some of your new chalks! That handmade flower is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue and brown is beautiful and I love the pix of the horses - the colors go so well with them....Jen, your blogging is so cool - it's the first place I head to when I'm on my computer to see what is happening!! (Except when I am at work of course - cause I always work hard...right Rob)t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics! Great take! Very pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jen! Those photos are awesome! Good for you for going the distance to get them. I agree - you have to take care of those Uggs! Mine are the fake ones, but I lurve them. :) I haven't used the Martha Stewart punches, but of course they are better. Is she ever anything less than the best? (That was meant to be sarcastic....somewhat. I do have respect for the lady, but sheesh, woman, just once I'd like to see you get some mud on the carpet after tending your prize-winning roses!) But, back to the LO. You did an awesome job of matching the brown and blue to the photo! Holy cow! It looks like the paper was made for those photos! I'm so glad you got to get back to your craft room after all that marvelous cleaning! Thanks so much for the invitation for coffee! I am actually coming to EDM this weekend, but will be there with a few girlfriends and certainly wouldn't expect you to have us all in for coffee! LOL (They wouldn't get the scrappy talk anyway). Raincheck, please? :) Hope you have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo ! you are fast with this week's sketch ! beautiful use of the Jillibean pps here , Jenn ! perfect with these beautiful pics of the horses alrite !!! & I see you're keeping up with the handmade flowers !

    I'm not sure if you can see this tut - but check out these paper dahlias ? :)

    http://scrappinwitht.blogspot.com/2010/03/paper-dahlias.html

    http://www.scrappingoutback.com.au/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2005&highlight=

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BEAUTY-ful! Just love your take on the sketch and your flower is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...