Monday, March 8, 2010

"Comfy"

Diane gave me this cute picture of her cat, Hobbs, also known as "Hobby Kitty". Not so much of a kitty anymore. This LO is based on a sketch by Julie Bonner. I used a variety of papers, Chatter Box, Cosmo Cricket and Magenta (a Canadian paper company). One of my recent goals is to start mixing paper lines and to use up some of my stash.

The title was done for a challenge over at the Paper Poppy Kit Co. The challenge is to alter chipboard alphas. Aphra has some wonderful ideas. Such a great way to use up the leftovers! There is still time to enter and you could win a $5 voucher for the store!! I mixed two different thicker lines, one was yellow and one was red. I peeled them and then my original plan was to chalk them. Aphra showed how it leaves a really wonderful suede look. Unfortunately, my blue chalk was a bit too green. I decided that instead of trying to mix chalks to achieve the proper tone, that I would glimmer mist them to tie them into the gem flourishes. First I used a pink but I could see a slight difference in the letter colours as one chipboard line was lighter than the other. So, I used brown mist and then a coating of pink on top. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Not only do I like the look of the misting, but I like the look of the mismatched alphas.


I had to really force myself to use these gem flourishes. I have a hard time mixing anything with a shine, with buttons and stitching. I see other LO's where both are mixed and it looks good, so I decided to do it. I like how the cardboard look of the altered alphas, with the touch of glimmer seems to tie these styles together.



Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You are just rocking the LOs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go with all the wonderful details !! woohoo ! adorable little kitty too !!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!! Neat idea....I didn't think about the Glimmer Mist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout Jennifer! I love how you've done the borders and your use of the gem flourishes! Cute pic too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Jennifer! Another Alberta chickee!!! Yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those mismatched alphas, too, and those white borders are very striking! Good luck in the chipboard challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...