Friday, March 12, 2010

Confessions of a Patterned Paper Addict

It is often said that the first step in solving a problem is to admit that you have a problem. I can admit it. I am addicted to patterned paper and scrappy supplies. My paper of choice is anything and everything from Basic Grey. Why does this manufacturer have such an effect on me? It is crazy!

When BG revealed their 5 new lines I have to admit that I was somewhat relieved because I wasn't totally in awe of it all. I usually love everything about every line. The first two lines were shipped this month. Kioshi and Green at Heart.

Originally I decided that I would just get the Green at Heart line. I am usually up for vibrant colours. Then, I had a change of heart and decided to go with Kioshi. I liked the soft pastels. I was needing a bit of springtime in my life and this line would be a change from what I usually buy.

Then, last weekend, I told Rob that I have to stop this crazy paper acquisition and that I would not buy one more thing until April. I told him that even in April, it would be minimal paper purchasing. Then I made the ultimate statement. I said that I was not going to buy any BG this time round! He didn't say much. I guess he knows me better than I know myself. When I make these statements, I really do feel that I can follow through with them. So, last night just before bed, I decided to check out the blog of my LSS. Sure enough there it was.... the post that the two BG lines were in! Before I knew it, I heard this uncontrollable gasp come out of my mouth!!! I knew then and there that I really needed some of this paper! Next, I went onto the BG site and looked at all the papers from these two lines. I felt my heart racing a bit as I looked at all these goodies.

So this is what I ended up getting. Here is the Kioshi. In my defense, I got 40% off the paper pack and I tried to stick with minimal add on embellishments. The whole "make your own embellishment craze" is saving a bundle!! LOL I plan on making Easter cards with the card kit.

Here is the Green at Heart. Using the advice of my scrappy friend, Pearl, I only bought 12 of the 18 papers and some basic embellishments. Yeah, I know, I am still trying to rationalize my purchase knowing that I really don't need this stuff. Someone is getting rich in this industry and it sure isn't me!! LOL


Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!! I am going to drool over my new BG and then I will try to calm myself so I can sleep tonight. I do tend to lose sleep thinking scrappy thoughts and making scrappy plans. Always the tortured artist. ;)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. You certainly do NOT have a problem! Because if you do...I do! LOL! I am jealous...I am dying to get those lines in my sweaty hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I read your post Jennifer! You sound just like me. I love Basic Grey - and a few other lines too... It certainly isn't good for the budget, but boy, it sure makes me happy!!! :):) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Jen! Very entertaining to read! LOL Those supplies look delicious! By the way, I absolutely LOVE the new look of your blog. Have fun with your goodies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh lol!
    I know this allll so well, the amount of times I get strange looks from my husband after visiting the LSS or decide I don't need things and end up purchasing multiple kits from my kit club..

    At least the lines you bought are gorgeous and you will make gorgeous stuff with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo ! should I be a baddie or a good friend now ! ack ! LOVE your honesty , Jenn ! I have often contemplated taking pics of my "loots "& "hauls"from the LSS but I haven't done so yet - &I have absolutely stayed away from all the papers of these 2 lines - not that they aren't attractive .

    I actually picked up a coupla Making Memories' Pitter Patter Sophie pps instead ( & in my defence I wanted to use them with my MM Slice which I still havent since Christmas! )

    I would say really try getting 2-3 pps from their lines just to satisfy that need the latest & greatest craving - you will actually get by I promise you ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! "I ONLY bought 12 out of the 18 papers"!!! That undeniably sounds like me! I just picked up some of both lines at the store I design for! I have this love-hate relationship with BG! I LOVE their lines,and yet I hate that I buy so much when I don't need it. Need-schmeed I say. What's a .99 paper (x10!!)Happy Creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fist off -love the new look of the blog and second - your addition keeps us all fed by the wonderful things you create - keep the posts comin' - besides, Rob can always get a second (aka third) job....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, Jen! Your post made me laugh! Looks like you got some gorgeous stuff - and I can soooo relate to a) your ideas keeping you up at night and b) saying you won't buy anything until _______ and then breaking that vow the next week! I can't wait to see your Easter cards! It will be neat to see someone else's take on those sketches. This is the first time that I've ever used a sketch, and let me tell you, lady, I can see why you love them so much! :) It was a blast trying to wrap my match just the right number of papers in the right quantities! (And yes - it helped that I could find everything! LOL) I also completed a LO yesterday using the SOS sketch at Paper Poppy, and I'm excited to post it. I also used alphas so that I could enter their alpha-challenge!) I hope to get that one posted later. Thank you so much for the sketch-inspiration! Watching what you've done with sketches has really inspired me and helped me to see how to use them. By the way, I thought I posted a thank-you, but in case I forgot...THANK YOU for your advice on my post last week. You were definitely right that being creative had to be put on the back burner...and now I'm feeling scrappy again! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Jen! Can't wait to see your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: You are RIGHT! That IS me in those Ikea catalogues! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...