Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope that everyone is enjoying this day and has remembered to wear green, as to avoid any unwanted pinching.

I have one LO to share today. I took this picture of Diane showing me the new dress that she had just bought. Her and Jeff are going to Las Vegas next month for a friend's wedding, so she decided that she needed yet another dress. Diane has the same addiction with clothes, as I do with paper. ;) So this picture was originally going to be my photo of the day for Project 365. Yes, most days around here are really not that exciting. Anyway, once I saw the photo I knew that I had to scrap it with my Graphic 45 "Domestic Goddess" papers. She just looks like a 50's housewife who is ready to create something fabulous in the kitchen ( high heels and all), powder her nose and then meet her husband at the door, martini in hand, shaken, not stirred. ;)

This is the sketch I used. Another one from Jana's sketch blog. I sure am enjoying these amazing sketches. This one is dated March 3.

I glimmer misted a white flower and used one of my coveted Jenni Bowlin vintage buttons. I aIso glimmer misted a Jenni Bowlin chipboard button. I used some gems to add a glamourous feel. I love the look of black stitching with these vintage papers. It somehow anchors the page.

I noticed last night, that my favourite LSS has just received 2 new Studio Calico lines. I'm pretty sure that one is the, "Home Front" collection. I am really interested in these papers because one has the pattern of architectural floor plans. I thought they would be great for a LO of the condo construction. ( BTW, I now not only have exterior walls, but windows too!) I also love the retro vibe to these sheets. I noticed many LO's done with them months ago. I always thought that Studio Calico was a kit company. Can anyone help me with this? Are they a kit company who also designs papers? Anyway, obviously a trip to the LSS will have to be in order. I guess signing up to get the automatic email each time the LSS posts new products on their blog, is not helping my paper acquisition addiction. {sigh} ;) Robert gave me some words of wisdom last night. He told me to just run in, get the papers and run out. Can I really do this without getting distracted by shiny, glittery, colourful goodness calling me from the other aisles? "Bring me home, Jennifer. Create something beautiful with me. I'm lonely hanging here on the wall and need to fulfill my scrappy goodness in life!" I'll keep you all updated! ;)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)







3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout - love how you used these papers!!! Oh, I can never just grab & go either - but definitely my husband wishes I would when he sees the credit card bill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Jen. Your work is beautiful! I love it all. Yes, I have been playing with Aphra's kit and just finished a paper bag purse! (I bought the add on kit). I will post it in a few minutes. Just became your follower, I truly love your work. Thank you for stopping by mine! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that vintage feel - it adds such a neat character to the photo! :) Also - hooray for coming-along condos! You must be excited! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...