Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm Having" Poppyfield Dreams"

Yes, I'm back to daydreaming about my next LO when I should be sleeping and when I am sleeping, I am dreaming about scrapping!! LOL I cleaned my house at mach speed yesterday, so that I could play with my prize kit from the Paper Poppy Kit Co. last night! I figure the speed of my cleaning has to have helped my weight loss efforts. Mind you, I won't be winning any awards from Good Housekeeping these days and BH&G is not contacting me to schedule a photo shoot either. ;)

So last night I had so much fun creating the first LO from my kit! These photos are of me and Susan back in the day. I think it is around 1969 and one may have been taken in '68. Just look at those spring coats and party shoes, not to mention our black and white, "saddle shoes". I'm really aging us here. LOL Too funny. My mother always knit us light woolen spring hats. Yes, we were basically wearing them until around mid-June for fear that we would catch a cold??? (hee hee)

I used a sketch from The Scrappiest. Liz just posted it yesterday as a bonus sketch.

I had so much fun making the flowers. I layered, stitched, used my Cricut and even Glimmer misted too! Now I can enter for a chance to win a $5 voucher for next months kit which BTW looks amazing!! I have spied some Pink Paislee "Bayberry Cottage" and some BG "Green at Heart" in the sneak peeks. Aphra sure knows how to mix those paper lines!! :)

Well, hope everyone is having a fun weekend. We are off to get some groceries (boo) and when I get back, I'm onto my next LO with the kit. I'm thinking it's time to scrap some Canadian Geese in celebration of spring!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen! I am freakin' loving this LO - I didn't realize that there's so much pink in this kit! The "soda water" tags and the "forever" (stamp? rub-on?) are adorable! Don't you just love scrapping older photos? I love the...uhhh...patina of them, for lack of a better word. The faded colours, and once-in-a-lifetime shots that came with point-and-shoot photography is so fantastic. I wonder sometimes if society is starting to value photography less and less because it's so easy, cheap, indispensable now. Back in the day, when you took a photo, you probably took only "a" photo! :)

    I can't wait for my kit to arrive...I'm thinking Monday will be my day. :)

    I wanted to thank you for posting a while ago about Pearl's blog. Without that post, I never would have found her (and all that wicked inspiration!) and I wouldn't have won a custom blog header in her giveaway! I just got it up on my blog, so you can check it out there!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, aren't we cute! I'll have to hunt around and see if I have any of those photos to scrap. Love the LO and those handmade flowers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh loving everything here! Especially those old photos!
    Good luck on your voucher - the flowers are gorgeous so who cares if you win right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page Jennifer! I love the flowers and those photos are adorable! Beautiful work! Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous , precious page , Jenn ! love love your layered scalloped flowers here - glimmer misted too ! woot !

    You can post this layout over here too : yourscrapbookstash.com . ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this, Jennifer! Can I puh-leaaassseeee share it on the Paper Poppy blog? The readers will love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! The flower layers are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...