Monday, March 15, 2010

"Nesting"

Well, spring is on the way and that is when the bird geek in me comes out! I did promise myself that I would not take photographs of birds that I have already documented, but I could not resist this little guy working on feathering the nest. I used BG"Kioshi"! Yay!! It really does have many very feminine sheets with floral patterns and pastels but, I used the more basic sheets for this one. Really a very versatile line. I think that someone from BG should be paying me for the amount of selling that I do of their products. ;)

I used sketch #115 from Sketch Inspiration. I rotated the sketch for my horizontal photos and long title.
I did both machine sewing and hand stitching. I got the idea of stitching under the journaling from Julie Bonner. I used some pearl flourishes being inspired by how Jana Eubank uses them a lot. I have finally gotten over the fear of mixing gems and buttons! LOL I used rub ons from Crate under the butterflies to show movement. Just love those little cross stitches.


The alphas are BG but from the Wisteria line. They mixed really well here.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday! My "Kioshi" is calling my name again but I'm not sure if I have photos to match. :(

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. woohoo ! great to see you do a Spring layout with these new BG , Jenn!

    I agree ! You are such a great walking advert for BG ! lol .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love this one! I don't blame you for taking photos of these little guys...they really are adorable! I love what your creative use of the cross-stitches, and especially how you sewed down your chip alphas! This LO is gorgeous! By the way, I am so glad to hear about your button/gem fear - I thought I was the only one! LOL! This is an awesome take on this sketch - you definitely are a pro at this!

    And yes - it probably will be me on the cart at IKEA! Ha! :)

    First day of the To Kill a Mockingbird unit today...so far, so good! :)

    PS: Has your Paper Poppy kit come yet? I'm thinking they might be caught in customs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout Jennifer! I love all the close-ups of the wonderful detail on this layout! Just gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty lo, Jennifer! Love the Koshi with these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, so cute with the little xstitches under the butterflies and i like the underlined words on your journalling - those sparrows are great - thanks for documenting their work

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous layout, with such cute photos. I love all those little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great layout, Jen! I always have trouble creating layouts with multiple photos. I don't know why, maybe because I like to add a whole bunch of extra "stuff" and photos kind of take away the space. I really love all the little details you put on there with the handstitching around the title letters and the little butterfly trails. Too cute! Btw...I read your post about being a patterned paper addict. I laughed so hard at that because I can totally relate. That's probably my biggest addiction and I can't seem to stop buying it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...