Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Project 365 week 8 & 9

I've been spending some time catching up on project 365. I never really look forward to scrapping these LO's until I'm actually working on them. I usually look at these random and somewhat mismatched photos and it stumps me on how to pull them all together. It always amazes me how they end up looking fine in the end. I always give credit to whoever created the sketch that I use however, I often feel that these LO's don't do the original sketch justice. The composition is always sacrificed in order to accommodate the number and size of the photographs.

Here are the LO's for Week 8. I used Sassafras. The first LO is based on the newest sketch out at Stuck Sketches. The second LO is based on sketch #55 at The Scrappiest.

I did break my own rule of keeping the LO's totally lump free. I couldn't resist using the corrugated circles. I think that I can live with this decision!! LOL

Here is Week 9. It was so much fun to get to use my all time favourite colour, purple!! I mixed four lines of BG, Wisteria, Euphoria, Bittersweet and Sultry. I love how so many of the BG lines coordinate so well with each other. Both of these LO's are from Jana Eubank's sketch blog. The first is dated January 20th and the second September 18.

I got some inspiration to use stamping on these LO's after looking at one of Jana's latest LO's where she used wonderful stamps to make her embellishments. I made the large flower by stamping on white card stock and then cutting it out. I stamped the center design on a small circle and then stitched around the circles to add some dimension. I repeated the center design on both pages to add unity. I stamped the days of the week on small tags for the pictures. I made the title with my Cricut.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

3 comments:

  1. wonderful work here all, Jenn !

    love how you're using different sketches too !
    ( & thanks for the reminder ! c)

    & using up more of your great stash !!! woot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LOs, Jen! I love how you're able to pull all the photos together and make them look so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Jen! I love that project 365 idea - what a great chronicle you're creating. I can imagine that the LO part is tough, though! You are definitely rising to the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...