Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Unlikely Friendship

One more animal LO to share. Here are two of Diane's babies, Moose and Hobbs. This photo just makes me smile every time that I look at it. These two are the best of friends. It shocked us all because Hobbs is a very stand offish type of cat and Moose is super pushy and very stubborn. Together they are quite the duo! They spend lots of time playing and getting into some good trouble.I used Sketch #94 from Creative Scrappers. I loved all the circular elements here and thought it added to the fun feel of the photo.


The papers are from American Craft. An older line I am sure as I picked them up at a warehouse scrappy sale for $0.20! I love the vibrant colours in them. I cut out the alphas with my deep cutting blade on my Cricut. I used a coffee cup holder from Starbucks. This idea I got from an amazing tutorial that Amy put up at Sketch Inspiration. She showed how to remove the top layer of corrugated , to get to the good stuff inside. She then mentioned that Aphra suggested that a coffee holder could be used too. I have always admired the corrugated alphas from Jillibean, but have never been able to find them. The small letters in title are the new ones from Jenni Bowlin that you cut out from a bingo card.

On an exciting note, my sister Susan, who is the queen of researching anything on the internet found out where I can get that wall quote that I was going to miss so much when we move. I am so excited that I will have the same quote in my next studio. I ordered it last night! I have yet to have interior walls in my next nest, but I will be ready to decorate my studio, thanks to Susan!! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely page!! The circles look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! Gorgeous page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet layout..thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Jen! Love it! You should think about submitting this one...it is definitely "publish" quality! It has great balance and texture. Oh...and I'm so glad you found your quotation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Jen! Absolutely loved that you used only 1 4x6 photo!! Love the colors and the stitched circles. Thanks for following me on my blog!! Good luck on your weight loss!! One major tip I have is....find something that you LOVE to do. I have recently started playing volleyball again. I loved it in high school and find that I am still pretty good at it and it totally drives me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...