Thursday, April 8, 2010

Brand New

Another LO of little Thomas to share today! Yesterday was a happy scrapping day, indeed. :)
My brother took this photo just moments after birth. Sure is proof of the miracle of life! Rob did some photo editing with the Apple Aperture program. It isn't quite sepia tone but I can't remember what they called it. We have since learned that we can even alter further by brightening spots of white.

The papers are Graphic 45 Babies to Brides. I finally used one of my fancy Prima flowers. I really liked these ones because they are somewhat flat compared to many others. I will use them sparingly as they are pricey!! Diane has already asked for one as she made a "Penny Blossom" with it! ( All you Big Bang Theory fans will get this. A very funny show where Penny was making hair clips to sell on the internet and the boys were helping her. ) Anyway, Diane glued it to a bobby pin. Don't know how well it stayed glued and I'm sure her dog, Moose has eaten it by now. He really is an expensive dog to feed! ;) The rub on quote was from Fancy Pants.

Here is the sketch that I used. Another wonderful one from Julie Bonner. She has some wonderful sketches up recently using 3 and 4 photos. Take a peek if you are looking for a good multi photo LO idea! She has also been doing lots of hand stitching lately! One of my all time favourite things on LO's. Helps me to get my stitching fix since I rarely cross stitch anymore. I still love it but these old eyes of mine hurt when I do it.

Here are the close ups.

On a side note, last night I noticed that Beatriz has done some amazing LO's with the April Paper Poppy kit! I got this sudden urge to start stalking the mail lady again!!! Oooh, I better get a grip as this may become problematic! My kit could be all of a week away from me! Yay!! It could even be sitting in customs at this very moment. :)

Well, I'm hoping to work on another LO of Thomas today. My parents are back East in Montreal visiting so I am hoping that Mom will bring back some great shots of Thomas. I figure I had better get caught up on the photos that I already have.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. The gift of life indeed.... what a precious picture! And you layout is stunning... I love all the details, the edges top and bottom, your pearls, everything is just beautiful!!!!!Yes, wait till you see your kit...I can't wait what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty layout!! love your work with that sketch!! that photo is adorable!! great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo sweet! I love the soft colors on this, you are rocking all these baby pages lately! Love that edge punch along the bottom as well.. ahhh so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! So soft and sweet. Penny Blossoms - haha! I love that show :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet & soft !!!

    looking at this layout I've got to tell yer :

    you've got to check this out, Jenn :

    http://thecolorroom.ning.com/

    They have color combos & sketches to go with their challenges - just started -- get on board & hang with some of the very best scrappers out there ( no , not me of course .... ) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. even though there are accents that would usually be girly - you made them work well on a boy's layout - very touching. I will be a grandma soon, so I am making note of your baby layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how precious! A gorgeous layout for a gorgeous photo Jennifer! Your stitching always look fabulous! Any tips?
    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, this LO is so sweet! What a precious moment to capture! I know Penny Blossoms! Bazinga! LOL

    I am really inspired by these soft colours you've been using! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh la la! What an incredible well designed layout!I love soft designs for babies! I've never heard of that product line before! I'm off to google it...TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...