Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Color Room Challenge

Here's the third palette that The Color Room put up! Not only did it motivate me to scrap, but I suddenly had an urge to get my knitting out! Since I have become consumed with scrapping, I have been neglecting my other passions of knitting and reading. It's the scrapping addiction!! ;)

I love this palette because purple is my favourite colour. I was shocked to realize that I have very limited purple in my stash. I guess it is not a really versatile scrapping colour. I loved the vibrancy of these colours but it did pose a problem for finding an appropriate photo. So, I resorted to B&W. I have scrapped this photo of me in colour but was happy to scrap it again for a different album as I have so few photos of myself. I'm always the one behind the camera driving the family nuts as I snap pictures of them!! LOL I kept this LO somewhat clean with more "white space" than I usually do.

I used a great mix of papers here: BG "Sulrty", Scenic Route, MME, Sassafrass and a new company called "the girls' paperie". I picked up some amazing sheets last week. They are all pinks and very vintage. Totally yummy!! Once again it was great fun to explore the stash for "treasure" to embellish!!

I used Sketch # 183 from Pencil Lines. A simple linear sketch.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

3 comments:

  1. really great layout!! I love the simplicity... great mix of pp's... and really pretty photo too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful mix again , Jenn !!! love your use of the Pencillines sketch ! & the soft colors used ! ;) trust you've having a fab weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I love the calm feeling of this LO! And - what an awesome picture of you! I just love it! Seeing the sketch reminded me to thank you for turning me on to sketches. I downloaded a bunch before the crop this weekend, and it worked out so well! Virtual hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...