Monday, April 19, 2010

Colour Me Happy!

.... happy that I found colour challenges, that is!!! I am loving playing along in The Color Room with their fun weekly colour challenges! They are so inspiring and it is really fun to go through the stash and coordinate goodies. Here is this weeks very masculine palette!

I wanted to use a B&W for this and the only photo that I had was this one of Thomas, Susan and Matt. I wondered if it was inappropriate for a baby LO and then decided to throw caution to the wind and step out of my box!! I have lots of brands here, Pink Paislee, BG Boxer, BG Granola, BG Nook and Pantry and even some Crate Paper! The Sassafrass letters were perfect for this. On a side note, I got this letter sheet for $0.20!! I think that they were in the wrong sale box and went in as a piece of paper. I even asked the girl if this was the right price and she said it was so who am I to argue. hee hee I picked up about four different colours of letters that day!

I used Jana's latest sketch from her sketch blog. I thought that the amount of layering would lend itself well to showcase the palette.

Here are some close ups.


Happy Scrapping!! Jen

7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous layout and you so rocked the color challenge...love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love those colours together! I really like this LO. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous layout!! I so love those colors together, you so need to be a designer somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always, Jen! I love the stitching! how many "beiges" did you have to go through to find the perfect one? ;) I think it's great for baby photos! I still have not checked out the colour room...but it is definitely on my to-do list! Great score on the letter paper, by the way! Don't you just love that! Yes, I am super excited about the crop this weekend! I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to make it because my dog Molly has been sick for a few days, but it looks like she's on the mend, so I should be good to go! Hope you are able to get out and enjoy this awesome Northern Alberta weather we're having!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup ! so happy that you're rocking away with this color challenge ! already a great pro & only the 2nd challenge ! teehee !We're definitely amongst great company with the large number of participants !!! ;) lots of fab designers to learn from, huh ?

    & I still haven't used a Jana sketch - must get to one soon ! thanks always for the inspo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout Jennifer! I love the colour combo and you stitching is out of this world!
    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...