Friday, April 9, 2010

Little Thomas and Some New Inspiration

I did two more LO's of little Thomas, yesterday. I have to say that Thomas is my #1 favourite scrapping subject! Who wouldn't love looking at that adorable little face!

This is just before leaving the hospital to go home. I am loving the sepia with these G45 papers. The background ledger paper is from Cosmo Cricket. I have pretty much finished this G45 line although I may be able to squeeze one more out of it.


I used my Cricut to cut the title letters and stitched around the Sassafrass star sticker to help it pop. I used one more of my vintage JB buttons. Pretty enough to stand alone!

This is the sketch that I used from Jana's sketches. Jana put up a download for the fifth page of her sketches, yesterday. I think that it is so kind of her to provide all of these amazing sketches and then make it so easy for us to access them, on top of it!
This second LO is of my three nephews. The big boys are Susan's sons, Chris & Matt. Love having this LO of the three cousins together. I used some Cosmo Cricket "Earth Love" papers here. The background kraft is by Jillibean.The corrugated alphas were cut from Starbuck's coffee holders using my Plantin cartridge and my deep cutting blade. I have yet to see the official corrugated alphas in the stores but this works fine and it is cheap!

This white corrugated circle was cut from cookie packaging! I did try to cut alphas from it to imitate the new white corrugated alphas that Jillibean has out, but was not successful. The corrugation was not strong enough and the top layer of the paper just ripped. If you try using cookie packaging, make sure it is from a low fat yucky kind of cookie. This way there will be no grease marks on the corrugation or smears of cookie cream. Yes, WW is making me bitter and I have been cheating lately. :(

Here is the sketch that I used for this LO. Another one of Jana's. :)

If you are looking for some new inspiration.... look no further! There is a new Ning site up and running called The Color Room. Pearl sent me the link last night and I am so grateful that she did. Here is the first challenge.

So it is basically a colour challenge and then the sketch is optional to use. You can make a card or altered project instead of a LO if desired. The idea behind it is that it gets you to use up your stash so you can go and buy more stash guilt free!! Wow!!! Sign me up!! I love the idea of this site because it will encourage me to look through what I have and to mix manufacturer's lines. I can't wait to give the first challenge a go.

Well, hope that everyone has a fun weekend planned. We got our usual April snow dumping last night and it is super windy out. I saw my first Robin couple this morning and feel so bad for them out there fighting this weather. Not a typical spring day, but I can't complain because we have had an amazingly mild winter. For this, I am grateful.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen

5 comments:

  1. really great layouts!! the first one is so soft and beautiful!! I wayyy love the second one... i'm gonna have to try cutting out some cardboard letters with my cricut one of these days!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FABULOUS pages! Very pretty and soft colors. I love all the details in your embellishments. And the pictures are soooo cute!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! He was drafted as a junior from college by the Blue Jays. He is doing very well, Praise the Lord. He is in double A but is called often to play with the major leaguers. He is a pitcher. Th BJ is an amazing team... the organization is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Jen, Thomas is such an adorable baby! Is he your grandson? I love what you've done with that G45 line. It's so calm and soft - I love that layout! The second one is awesome too! Yahoo for repurposing! I am going to have to try that as soon as I can get a new Cricut mat. I don't know about Edmonton, but in GP, there don't seem to be any to be found at Walmart, Michael's, or anywhere else! But as soon as I get one, it will be a good excuse to go out for a chai latte! I also love all of those layers in the second one!

    Pearl sent me that link too, but I haven't checked it out yet. I will definitely be heading over there shortly! I forgot my laptop at work yesterday so now I am feeling so behind! LOL

    I love hearing about the birds in your yard!! I heard that the weather is crazy in other parts of the province, but it's just cloudy and a little breezy here. Did you get the crazy snow that Calgary had?

    By the way, I meant to ask you - at the end of the JM concert, did you see that little girl he gave his playlist to? So sweet!! You had such awesome seats! I didn't know about the JM fan club...I will definitely have to join for next time!!

    TTYL!

    PS: On my newest LO, those butterflies were inked with Versacolour using a mask from some previously punched butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great pages! And you are mixing lines ;) Well done. You are now officially blowing my pages out of the water. When are you applying for a DT? WHEN? Will I see you over at the Colour Room. I've signed up. Looks good to me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...