Saturday, April 10, 2010

My First Colour Challenge

I love colour challenges!!! Why have I waited this long to actually try one? Last night I did the first challenge up at The Color Room. Here is the challenge.

This is my LO.

I really love this palette and yet know that I would never have used it were it not for the challenge. This forced me to search through my stash and pull from many lines. (Yeah, the studio is a mess!) I used 4 different lines of paper here and finally found a use for that BG Lemonade transparency. Yay!!!

I realized that I tend to view everything scrapping related in terms of manufacturer lines. I would have looked at these photos and automatically thought Jillibean Soup, kraft, twine and buttons. I also realized last night, that although I love the colour blue, I have hardly any of it in my stash. I have tons of greens as I usually gravitate towards organic earth tones. Hmm???

The sketch I used was by Julie Bonner. Loved this multi photo opportunity!

Here are the close ups:

These stickers are from the "Dear Lizzy" AC line. The card under the flower is from the packaging that the "Dear Lizzy" glittery brads came in. Aphra would be proud of me!! hee hee

These alphas are also from the "Dear Lizzy" line. I thought the shine of them matched the shine in the transparency.

I am happy that I have a LO that has my victorian bird house in it, as it will not be taken in the move. We have yet to have house guests in it, as the hole is too small for many song birds. I think that is what this couple was figuring out, especially in the second photo! Too cute!! I can hear her saying, "Too bad this place is too small because I really love this front veranda, not to mention this upper balcony!" (Note to self: You think way too much about birds and house sales!!)

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend and if you are looking for a colour challenge I really encourage you to play along this week! It really is lots of fun!!!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)


11 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome layout! I was going to play along this week, but realized that I don't have much of that color combo. :/ I'm thinking about looking through my stash again and hoping to find something!

    Great job Jen! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous layout, Jen, and it's such a perfect colour combo for these spring photos! B&Ws really are the solution, aren't they? Unless you had little kids, it would be tough to match these colours to a photo! That overlay is fabulous! I have one in my stash that I bought because I loved it, but have never figured out how to use it. :) Isn't that always the way? And of course, I went out and bought even more scrapbooking stuff today. Michael's has some awesome $1.50 stuff right now!

    I hope you weren't offended when I asked if Thomas was your grandson! You would be a young grandma, but I knew that you had grown children. I also hope it's warmed up a little in Edmonton. The wind here today is chilly, for sure, but it's still sunny. I cannot wait for this chill to lift so that we can get to BBQ weather!

    I laughed so hard at your "12-year-old house hunter" story! I hope for your sake that they actually want to buy your place! (I can't believe you are leaving behind that beautiful birdhouse, but I guess there's no place to put it in a condo! :)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Jen! We're going for sushi and to see "Date Night" tonight. It's so nice with Cliff working in his new job that we actually get to have a real date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove this layout!! you did an awesome job with that color combo!! super cute photos too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I love this! I love the black and white photos! They really pop on that page. It's awesome that you utilized 2 different 'helpers' or challenges. I need to start using some more sketches and try to use come color combos! You should check out the color challenges they have at embellish magazine. They have them once a month I think!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO! Fun with the B&W pics! I have to put the finishing touches on mine, likely to post tomorrow! You are always so quick! Do you find your pages come together fast? I am kind of poky but I have actually picked up speed lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo ! quick off the mark with this too , Jenn ! love your take on the sketch & all your trademark touches on this one !!! woot ! so proud of you too for digging thru' the stash to put these brands together ! sweet touches with the Dear Lizzy ! ;)

    I rarely do that for color combos - I often stick to a line ! lol unless the color scheme is just too out of the box !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful. Awesome pattern combos! I'm doing this challenge too, but have only started collecting the stuff I might use for the page. Like you, I want to do two challenges, one layout. I'm going to use a journaling challenge by www.logyourmemory.com .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely - so fresh and pretty! I normally struggle with colour combo challenges but I am always happy with them when I do them - I tend to create with colours I wouldn't normally put together. I just love the colours you have used here! Gorgeous photos too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, this is fabulous! Love all the details and colors. This sketch is fabulous... have to give it a try. I love sketches with multiple photos. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog. :) It brightened my day.

    Again, I absolutely love this layout and the colors. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in my post today, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...