Sunday, April 18, 2010

This Laundry Fairy is Known to Give Hives

Have you ever had a visit from the "Laundry Fairy"? I used to get regular visits when Rob was on shift work. The night before starting his night shifts, he would stay up really late. He said that doing laundry helped motivate him to stay awake, as he would be up and down switching loads. I would go to bed with a filled laundry room and wake up to baskets filled with fluffed and folded laundry. Oh, happy days! :) Diane has moved back home temporarily and so now I am her Laundry Fairy. She comes home from work and is so glad that her Laundry Fairy has made a visit.

I took these photos of Diane's blouses drying in the spring breeze. I was feeling particularly Mumish that day and even brought them in for ironing at the perfect stage of dampness. These episodes of being a 50's housewife don't happen very often around here. ;) I love this peacefully domestic photo and couldn't wait to scrap it and journal about how great laundry smells when it is dried outside.

I do tend to sometimes rewrite history in my scrappy life. I guess I want to show the good side of life. You know, glass half full and all! Who wants to air their dirty laundry in public??? ;) But... here's the scoop. I washed those blouses in a really perfumey laundry soap that Diane was allergic to. She itched all day at work and came home with hives! Opps. I still think this photograph made for a better LO than a picture of Diane looking uncomfortable with red blotches on her neck!

I used the Dear Lizzy line from American Crafts. I just had to give this whimsical springtime line a go. I even added some doodling. This is something that I am not really comfortable with. I misted a bit on the bottom but it was only to cover up some brown ink smudges. (Urrggg!!) Not sure that this brown mist really supports the theme of "clean" but I'll call this an artistic liberty. ;) The artistic meaning is to look at the brown mist as dirt and then the bright shiny yellow letters sitting on top as a representation of clean! Wow, that was deep! LOL Yeah, I planned this from the beginning. Hee Hee

Here's the sketch. It is from Creative Scrappers.

Here are the close ups!

Hope everyone is having a happy and scrappy weekend! Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome layout!! I love that pic with that paper line!! great work on the doodling too... I'm not really comfortable with it either but it looks great on this layout... I might have to give it a try!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love it! What a nice Mom you are to wash your daughter's clothes - I'm sure she appreciated the sentiment even while she was scratching! I love this bright and cheerful paper line, and I think your doodling and misting adds some dimension to it! :) I am now off to see if you have any other posts since I've last been online. I've sort of taken the week off from my usual round of blogs just because this week was a tough one. I have something to post later on today, though, so I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things! And then, next weekend, I'm going to Crop Away, and awesome weekend-long sleepover crop just outside of town here! It is super fun, and I'm sure to get at least a few LOs done. As it stands right now, there's not been a tonne of scrappy time, unfortunately, but I'm trying to take pictures of some things I'm doing around the house so that I can still blog about it. I find that I do miss blogging when I'm not posting anything! :)

    PS: The banner is such an adorable touch, and perfect for "blowing in the breeze"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout, Jenn! Just lovely. And what a great idea to hang the laundry from the patio umbrella. :D I still haven't cut into my Dear Lizzy products but I am loving what everyone else is doing with it. Such a perfect line for this photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good! I didn't miss anything else! LOL Ok, so I can reply to your comments here, then. :) I can't wait to see your FOUR PP layouts! Did you plan them beforehand to really make the paper stretch, or were did you just use the paper as you went? I am so excited to dive into mine, though alas, that may have to wait until next weekend at the crop. That being said, if I want to get to scrap anything at all, I have to send off my pictures to be printed! I have so very many to do...probably at least 200! When I got my Macbook, I tried to move photos from Cliff's PC into my iPhoto program, but in order to do that, I had to zip them first. The result was compressed and fuzzy photos on Cliff's end and on mine. Boo! So, I had to have my mother send me the CD copy I burned for her pre-zipping-debacle so that I could get my precious photos back! I think I'm going to try to send them off online tonight, as I don't want to stand at the little kiosk for two hours! LOL I'm thinking of following your lead and doing at least some of them in B&W so that I can use whatever colours I want in terms of scrapping supplies. Maybe I can even use up my April PP kit!! :) Thanks for thinking that my classroom would be a fun place to be. :) I try, though this week I had to be more of a drill sergeant than I am really comfortable with! This week should be better, I think, now that I've laid down the law. :) I hope you have a beautiful Sunday! The weather is gorgeous here, so it's shaping up to be a great day! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lo!! very original!! love the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect misting! I would never use misting to cover anything. Nope, not me ;) Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous layout with the Dear Lizzy line, Jenn ! wow !! you sure did this line justice ! complete with a little banner too ! there you go ! now you're all broken into banner mode ! teehee !

    What a story with the laundry !!! I hope too that your weather stays fabulously sunny ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool LO, Jen, and a funny post to read! I think the doodling is great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout! Great job on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute layout...love that you used a great pic that coordinated with the light airy feel of the papers...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...