Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Exciting News & Another LO

A very exciting piece of news in my scrappy world!! I finally decided to get brave and apply for a DT. I was so excited to learn yesterday that I was invited to design for Creative Scrappers!! You can see the new team here. So, I am still in shock and am excited and scared at the same time as this is a first for me. LOL I can't wait to get started!! I have to thank my bloggy friends who have been encouraging me to apply for a DT. You know who you guys are!!! :)

On the scrappy front, here is another LO done using my Paper Poppy kit! I still have enough for one more!! Yay!! I'm trying to discipline myself not to start another LO because I really need to clean my house. It is in a sad state as I am enjoying not having to have it in "showing" order! No one would buy this place if they saw it today!! ;)

This is my brother Andrew's family!! I was so happy to be able to scrap this photo of the three of them. :) I started this LO with the vision of it being yellows and blue. I soon realized that the yellow paper I had planned on using would not show up well against the white background. That is when I noticed the red paper from the Jillibean line! The pops of red are my favourite part of the LO!




I fancy cut the large butterfly. The small butterfly is a chipboard piece painted with distress crackle paint. I got the idea from one of Aphra's LO. First time using this product and I really liked the result.

I used this sketch by Julie Bonner.

Before leaving I just have to share this photo of this sweet little Sparrow!

I found him sitting on my back deck this morning. He is definitely young but has already lost his downy new baby look. I was worried that he was injured at first. After quite some time he did fly quite low to the ground and hide in one of the bushes. I'm hoping that he doesn't have a wing injury. The chances of survival for these little ones is never great. Needless to say, Mo will be kept inside today. Oh my, I don't even want to think of it. Tonight we will take a look and if we can find him and he appears in distress, Rob will end his suffering. I hate to see these little creatures die a slow and painful death. :( We brought an injured baby Robin to the emergency vet in downtown Edmonton, years ago, and they looked at me like I was a total crazy lady!!! :(

Hope everyone is having a great day and I'll keep you posted on my new adventure with the DT!!! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen

19 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to say - YEAH!!! Congrats you soooo deserve it. good luck with the birdie - I took a robin that schmucked the window - to the bird sanctuary. Warren made it there in time for supper - my sister said they fed him to the raptures!! We look forward to your work! terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG congrats, Jenn! Sooooo excited for your. And for me, to be on a team with you!!!

    LOVE this layout best of all your May PP layouts. You're right, that pop of red is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Congrats! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer!! That is such exciting news! YOU belong ona DT as your work is so inspirational to so many of us. I will definately have to pop on over to Creative Scrappers and see what's up ;) Congrats!!! And this LO is amazing. I love LOVE your little pops of red, such great eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love that LO - love the colours :-) and CONGRATS on the DT!!!!! WELL DONE!!! HOW EXCITING :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No suprises , hun , that Creative Scrappers want YOU on their DT ! woot ! woot ! indeed ! reason for me to play along sometimes now ! :)

    If you can rawk out 3-4 layouts from one kit in a short time - its no sweat to be doing DT sketch layouts !! ;)

    love your take on Julie's sketch with this sunshine-y color combo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay!! congrats on the DT!! I love your work... I can't wait to see all the amazing things you create for Creative Scrappers... they're so lucky to have you!! And gorgeous layout... I love all the little details!! I hope that cute little bird is ok!! I've been feeding the birds in backyard and my husband says I'm just fattening them up for the cats... luckily my cats are too lazy to catch birds!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another sweet, sweet layout and BIG congrats! You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new DT position Jennifer! Very well deserved. Your work is always stunning an so is this layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jennifer - you work with sketches so well & are such a fab scrappy artist!!! I am super excited for you :) I LOVE the layout - you rocked the sketch as always & I the butterfly with the stitched tail is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!!!! and your page is gorgeous, love that kit. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Jennifer!!! How exciting!!! I can't wait to see all of your wonderful creations. I am really enjoying your blog and all the scrappy inspiration here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Awesome Jenn!!! Thats so cool, you definetly deserve to be on a DT your work is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray, hoorah!! I am so excited for you, Jen! I am so glad you applied. You do such fabulous work with their sketches. You definitely deserve that DT spot!! Love your LO, too! I agree, the red makes all the difference. I hope the little birdy has done fine. It's so hard to watch them suffer. We took one to the animal sanctuary in Burnaby, BC last year because he was on our little balcony. It turns out there were nests in the underside of the balcony above ours, and we found many more little birds on the balcony, both dead and alive after that. It was heart-breaking. Thank you for being someone who is so concerned about animals! I can just imagine the look on the vet's face when you brought in the robin! LOL Is it snowing where you are? It looks more like Christmas here than Victoria Day! That means it's a good scrapping weekend, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jen! To update you on Maggie, yes, we still have her! Tomorrow will be two weeks, and that's how long we said we'd wait. I sent off an email to my landlord today just to get permission, though I'm certain she won't mind. Molly and Maggie are doing better every day! Maggie's trying to get her to play by nudging her with her nose, but Molly's not quite there yet...it's hard when there's such a size differential! I need to take a picture of them together. It's pretty funny. I was so glad to hear that Moose is staying with those little girls! I think that info may have been in the quick little comment I had to leave the other day before running out of the house. It sounds like that's the perfect place for him! I can imagine him running around with those little girls...just perfect! Yes, it's an awesome weekend for scrapping. Unfortunately, I have more housework to do than you since you don't have to worry about homebuyers anymore! LOL These dogs are going to shed me out of house and home! The dog hair starts to collect so much faster than I'm prepared for! So, that will be my weekend...plus marking papers...but it's a long weekend, so I am a happy, happy girl! Can't wait to see what you get up to this weekend, Jen! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huge congrats Jenn! Very happy for you, you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey hey hey ! Just wondering if the snow means you have a productive time scrapping away ! can't imagine it's that cold at this time of the year ! wow !

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY Jen, congrats on the DT, I look forward to seeing your work there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the DT gig! :) You totally deserve it.

    That layout is adorable! I love the colors together. That sparrow is gorgeous, too.

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...