Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!

Hello blogging friends!! What a great day it is with so much going on in our scrappy world. I am going to be checking into Paper Poppy Kit Company throughout the day to see the new challenges that are up. Aphra has the first challenge up and it is an awesome colour challenge! You can check it out here! :)

Speaking of colour challenges, here is my LO for the fourth palette at The Color Room. I loved this palette with its feel of Fall!! It was perfect for this photo of my brother, Andrew, back in the day! I have been waiting for the right inspiration to get this scrapped. The background paper is one of the new papers from the BG Basics line. A good line for people like me who are not card stock fans used as background sheets.

I used this sketch of Jana's for this. I love the layering in her sketches.

If you are looking for some new inspiration, I have come across a new blog called, Scrap It With A Song. I am needing some inspiration for some titles and journaling so this maybe the perfect place for me.

Hope that everyone gets in some scrappy time today whether it is creating or getting a great sale on scrappy goods! I know that all the LSS's are having 30% off! Gotta love a scrappy bargain.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. soo cute this take , Jenn ! great use of Jana's sketch !!!! ooo I see you've got the BG Basics already !!;) & happy scrapping especially today !

    yes that's a fall palette too me ! which I think I just might sit out being that it isnt a natural season for us here in tropical S'pore ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jen! Happy National Scrapbooking Day! :) This LO is awesome - I love all of the layers! I have to complete my DT assignment this morning (due today - yikes!) and then hopefully I'll be able to get out to the stores. :) I do have those gift certificates to spend! :) It's a gorgeous day for it, too. I hope the weather is cooperating where you are, unlike down south! I'll have to head over to Paper Poppy to check out their challenges. I'm still dithering a little about whether or not I should buy the May kit since I haven't used up the March or April ones...but I guess that shouldn't matter, right? At least that's what I'll tell myself! LOL I hope you have an awesome day! Are you scrapping all day? I can't wait to see what you create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So much detail in this page! Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layout Jennifer! Great colours and waht a lovely pic of your brother! Happy NSD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome LO Jenn.....I signed up to Scrapping with a song, but haven't done anything there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen. I hope you don't mind me posting here... I didn't know where else to reach you at.

    I don't know if you're already a member of Studio Calico or not, but they are hosting a contest where, if you refer someone there you have a chance to win a 6 month subscription and the person you refer will win one, too. I was wondering if you'd mind signing up and visiting this thread...

    http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/topic/22204

    Sorry to bother you and if you don't feel like signing up that's okay. Just thought I'd ask! :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome layout by the way! I love the bright and fun colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah... sorry that I am continually forgetting stuff and now racking up my posts on your blog (my posts are pointless and filled with nothingness!). But I forgot to mention that my username on Studio Calico is pumpkinmuffin7, so if you do sign up then mention that in your post. ;) They explain it on the thread.

    Thanks so much again and sorry for bothering you, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer!

    Love your layout for the 'Color Room', isn't that an awesome ning community :)


    If you like challenges you may be interested in the info below!

    Here is your personal invite-

    Come join ARTastic challenge blog this month for a chance to win a share of $300 worth of prizes. The May challenge is ‘The Kangaroo’ with a little added criteria would love to see you have a go!! There is also a Random Draw prize if you become a new Follower for the month of May!!
    ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    And

    From Screen to Scrap (FS2S) where we take our inspiration from movie posters with a little added criteria
    FS2S = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/

    Overseas entries welcome!

    Cheers
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...