Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Newest Muse

Well, it has been a fun day getting lots of scrapping in! I have to say that I am really enjoying having Diane's cat Mo around. He is the sweetest little guy and never complains when I take his picture. ;) He is very photogenic and actually looks better in pictures than in real life! He really has a tiny head and a huge bushy tail. ;)

Here is my latest LO of him. I just love his beautiful green eyes!


I used the newest sketch out at Creative Scrappers, #103, designed by Aphra! :)

The colour palette is for this week's challenge at The Color Room. I really liked the muted and somewhat vintage feel of these colours. I went through the stash and used papers by MME, Prima and BG. I really love using the doily sheets for borders. The Prima packaging that I had saved was the perfect tone for the green element. I LOVE using up packaging! I punched out butterflies with my old Martha punch in a very similar paper to the background paper. I used some chalk on the edges of the wings to define them a bit. I like how these butterflies blend in and yet add a hint of dimension.

On an unrelated note, I wanted to share my amazing find this past week at the dollar shop. I sometimes poke in there to see if I can find anything for scrapping. The Canadian Scrapbooker magazine runs an article called "The Frugal Scrapbooker" by a lady who lives in my community. She always talks about her finds at the dollar shop, which I figure must be my dollar shop! ;) Here is what I picked up for a little less than $10!!

I plan on making some flowers from the felt based on Amy's tutorial. The patterned paper sheets will mix great with my stash and check out the coloured corrugated. The best find was those pads of Cosmo Cricket 8x8 sheets. Only $2 each!! Older lines, but new to me!! I can't wait to use them. They will make amazing cards!! So remember to check out your dollar shop because you never know what you may find! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful page and adorable friend! Love the soft colors and all your details. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ! your dollar store sells SB stuff ??! very cool , Jenn !

    & a beautifully soft take on TCR#5 ! fab details - love how you used the purple in the embellies !! that's a great sketch by Aphra too ! Pretty boy , Mo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Jen, your new kitty is adorable! He looks so much like my Squirt when she was a baby! I love how beautiful and soft your layout is. Perfect for the newest member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable LO! Love all the details, and the soft colors~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is just gorgeous, great work with both the sketch and colour challenges. Beautiful cat too. And great bargains!

    BTW I love your blog header, so cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful layout! Great combination of colors and cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lo, Jen! Love the sweet embellishments and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go to your scrapbook store....AMAZING! Can't wait to see your flowers.

    LOVE your take on my sketch....so soft and pretty....and the button trail up the side is so fabulously layered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, I LOVE that LO! So soft and pretty. He really is a gorgeous cat! I really like your use of embellishments. You mix and layer them in a way that I really admire! I find that I often under-embellish my pages, sticking mostly to paper, one-dimensional or chipboard-type stuff. I think I'm going to keep your blog open beside me to inspiration the next time I'm scrapping! :) Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - and holy crow! I can't believe you got all that for $10! Nice work, my friend! :) I know that I paid at least $10 for the cross-stitch Cosmo Cricket pad. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...