Monday, May 17, 2010

On Another Paper Poppy Scrapping Tangent

I've been having another fun scrappy day! Another LO done with the May Paper Poppy Kit. This is Rob with my friends little guy. I never mention his name because that is the deal.... I can post pictures of him on my blog as long as his name is not showing. I was so thrilled to be able to post him on the blog because he is one of my favourite subjects. BTW, his name is like the coolest little boy name ever!! You will notice a blurry section near the top butterfly where I have blurred out his name.



I love these pictures of Rob. As I was taking them, I just kept thinking that he will make a wonderful Grandpa one day. This is a phase of life that we are both looking forward to.

This LO was done for a challenge at the Paper Poppy where we had to use the butterfly stamp that came in the kit. The top butterfly was made by stamping on raw chipboard and then layering a punched butterfly on top. The large butterfly at the bottom was done by stamping the butterfly on a piece of grey card stock. I layered it with a punched butterfly and then cut a butterfly out of a piece of paper for the bottom layer. Hey, I even used the ribbon that came in the kit!

I used Liz's newest sketch #65 at The Scrappiest. I love the background element of this sketch.

I still have enough left of the kit for two more LO's. Yay!! This tangent will continue until I have used every last scrap!

I had an update on little Moose today. He is still with the family who runs the Dachshund Rescue . It isn't official but it looks like he will be staying with this awesome family. He has wiggled into all their hearts and the little daughters just love him. Apparently he had a very eventful day yesterday. He escaped the dog run. The first ever to accomplish this feat! We used to refer to him as Houdini. Next he chased a goat. Then he went into the horse pen and would not come out. Next was pooping and peeing in the house. He is still sleeping in the kennel area with the other pups and has just started sleeping in his crate at night. Once he adjusts to this (aka doesn't howl all night) he gets to sleep in the house in his crate. He is listed as "adoption pending" on the rescue site so people don't keep calling to try to adopt him. Yeah, Moose has a pretty awesome life and we are grateful for this. His new name is "Moosimo". The girls named him this I think. Too cute!! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

12 comments:

  1. I am so loving the colors of this kit , Jenn ! such a sweet take of Sketch 65 too ! & woman , you are soooo fast ! lol ! great to see you scrapping away !

    That's great news for little Moose now ! new name & all ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another beautiful page and the picture is great too. The little boy is adorable!!!!!
    I agree with you, Aphra did it again, this kit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous layout!! those pics are so sweet!! Glad to hear that Moose is doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Jennifer! The photos are too sweet and yes, your DH will make a great grandpa! Thanks for the news on Moose (lol or is it Moosimo?). I'm so happy for you that it looks like he will stay there where he can have an eventful day every now and again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout Jenn! When I saw the sketch yesterday I was not sure if I like the 2 large triangles in the background, but you rocked it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab LO Jenn...I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks like so much fun and sooooo summmery... I LOVE IT! stop by and enter this and maybe you could win a cart at http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-love-love-love-summer-challenge-enter.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw the new DT for Creative Scrappers!! Congrats!! I can't wait to see your take every week with the sketch reveals!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore how you stuck with the sketch on the background! Awesome job with this weeks sketch, thanks for playing along with us at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous layout you made with the sketch!! Love your choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout and love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love love the papers you used!!! Great layout :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...