Monday, May 3, 2010

Paper Poppy Colour Challenge

I finally found the perfect inspiration to scrap this favourite nature photo that Rob took in the winter. Colour challenges are definitely the answer to getting my nature photographs scrapped. I tend to look at a photo and then think of manufacturer lines. Nothing ever comes to mind with nature shots. However, when I see a colour palette, then I can envision the LO. Here is the colour challenge that Aphra, at the Paper Poppy Kit Co., put up in celebration of NSD! Her little guy is such a cutie!

I used many lines of paper here, MME, Jillibean Soup and Crate. The yellow pin in the top right corner is from the Dear Lizzy collection. I got the idea the layer the butterflies that I cut out, from a sneak peak of Julie Bonner's creations for her spot as Guest Designer this month at the Paper Poppy! Her full reveal is up today and it is totally amazing. I am so excited to get my kit now. It is probably a week away at this point!

Here's Trisha's latest sketch at Sketch Inspiration, that the LO is based on. I totally loved this layered sketch!

I hope that everyone enjoyed NSD and got a bit of creation time in this past weekend!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen:)


8 comments:

  1. Jen, gorgeous pages and titles. It looks like you had a lot of fun scrappin' last weekend. I love the colors you use, they actually show the picture even more.Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout!! and you're right a color challenge is perfect for a nature photo!! I tend to think in manufacturer lines too but this is a much better idea!! TFS! (found your blog through Pearl's blog, off to browse some more!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful pages! I always love seeing what you come up with. :)

    Thanks so much for signing up for SC. Unfortunately, we didn't win, but at least we tried! Hope to see you around there!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh Jenn.....I love this!! I may have to scraplift this. ;) Gonna check out that site too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the sketch & color combo !!! & that is a fab fab pic too ! woot ! you are rawking up the challenges ! way to go !

    I did a double take at your comment re: hair credo ! I thot you might have trained at Vidal Sassoon too but I re-read it ! lol My hair stylist did train in London at Toni & Guys before but not Vidal ,I dont think - in anycase he definitely doesnt give me bad hair days with my mostly maintenance free bobs ! So I say go for it with a stylist you can count on of course !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I love this! It's awesome that you scrap your nature photos, too. This really is a great colour combo for that! I hope you win the store voucher!! :) Long day for me today - staff meeting, calls home to parents, and marking - so I won't be getting in on that challenge. I'm hoping to go to a crop this weekend, though, so I might get a whole bunch done there! :)

    So sorry to hear about Moose! I'm sure you like having your daughter home, but I hope that things are going better for her, soon. It can be so hard to adjust during a transition like that. Hopefully this new month and warmer weather will bring good things your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - your layout is (once again) brilliant - I love the perfect colors you chose, and how all your little embellishies match the items in your photos - like the little flower represents the open seeds? of the pinecone - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous Jen!!! Love that layered butterfly & your title work is awesome - simply gorgeous girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...