Sunday, May 16, 2010

Paper Poppy Sketch Challenge

I finally had a chance to cut into my May Paper Poppy kit! I started out using some of the Jillibean Papers in it because the colours went so well with this photo of my friend's little fellow. He is showing me his new play center that was in the midst of assembly. It was his birthday gift for his second birthday from his entire family.

I used the May sketch designed by Julie Bonner. My LO is very much inspired by Julie's take. I so love her style! I was really excited that she was the guest designer this month.

It was great to finally get to use one of the Maya Road kraft envelopes. The green alphas are from the April add-on kit. I cut the banner out of the brown patterned paper. It was easy to bend it into a wavy banner. I noticed that Jana Eubank places gems in between the triangles so I did the same with brads. The Prima flower was also inspired by Jana. She will take a store bought flower and add her own touch to make it original. I removed the flower center and made my own center by punching a 1 inch circle and using one of the button stickers. I love the look of text paper so I couldn't resist using it for my background. This decision made me lose out on using the yummy green pattern on the opposite side. Lucky for me, I found a different piece of green Jillibean in my stash.

Well, I still have lots of the kit left so I'll be back soon to share my next LO made with it.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this LO! It seriously looks like those papers were MADE for this picture. How you used the kraft envelope is wonderful, I never can figure out how to make them look that good! & I want to take a spin down that slide too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! these papers & the pic go so very well together !!! adorable take with Julie's sketch too which is of course perfect for this kit !!! woohoo ! love how you made a little banner there !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome LO Jen...everything works so perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlie, you ROCKED the kit AND the sketch! Love it! Don't be surprised if you see this one at the blog . . . just saying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! LOVE your take on the sketch!! and awesome work with those papers!! really great layout... love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, I love this! The colour palette works perfectly with the photo, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those alphas! I had to hold myself back from buying some at the LSS the other day, since I knew there'd be some in my kit! I can't wait for it to come. :) Hope you've had a great weekend! I've not been feeling well, but I managed to have an eventful weekend anyhow. We went to see Robin Hood last night, and I nearly fell asleep - because I was tired, not because of the movie! We did our first barbecuing of the year this weekend, and today we went and bought a patio set. I'm so excited for dinners outside! And of course, we've been to the dog park every day! Thanks for your comments about the dog...it sure FEELS like she's ours...and Cliff and I talked about it and I think we've decided that if she's not claimed in another week, she is officially our dog. We must be counting our chickens, though, because we went and bought dog dishes and I've been researching dirty-dog-friendly seat covers today! LOL Have a great night, Jen! PS: Any news on the pets' adoption? How is Moose doing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! Love how you did the banners. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jennifer! This layout is absolutely stunning!!! I love the colors and all of the detail you put into it! I need to look into that kit club - looks like a great one! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO Jen! I love all the little details and that photo is perfect for the papers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness I LOVE this one Jenn! So fun and didn't ya just love that sketch? You did a super fab job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...