Monday, May 24, 2010

Some "Queen Bee" Yummyness!

I finally got some scrapping done this long Canadian weekend. Yay to bad weather for the Victoria Day weekend! I do feel bad for any family who had any camping trips or outdoor activities planned. Brrr!! It was weather more suited to soup and lattes.

So here is my little Gussy. I snapped this photo of him last week as he was snoozing on his puppy bed. I laid on the floor to get a good shot at his level. I was really happy when I realized that it would look great with the Queen Bee colors that I had originally planned on using B&W photos for. They are beautiful papers but not really versatile for colourful photos. I also got a chance to use my new Martha border punch. These punches really give us lots of bang for our buck.

BTW, if you are looking for some colourful supplies, check out Aphra's sneak peeks at the Paper Poppy Kit Company. June's kit looks amazing and we will be treated with glimpses of it all week!

I used this week's sketch from Creative Scrappers, Sketch #105.

I thought I would share some photos of our condo under construction. Rob took these last week. It is an attached building. We are on the left side in the front view. They sure don't have lots of curb appeal from the front with all those garages, but it makes up for it in the back, slough side. Opps, I guess I am supposed to be calling it a "pond". ;) Last week we were down there and within minutes I saw, Sparrows, Red Winged Black Birds, Canadian Geese, Seagulls, and a Muskrat swimming! Okay, some of these are pretty ordinary but it is still nature and combined, I thought it was pretty amazing!! Yeah, it doesn't take much to make me happy! LOL

Hope everyone had a great weekend and gets in some scrappy time this week!

Happy Scrapping!!

Jen

12 comments:

  1. Jen, love the layout! The photo works perfectly with that gorgeous paper. I love pretty paper, and I'll buy it even if it will never EVER match something I'd photograph - so B&W is the perfect solution! Or, apparently, get a white dog. :) The condo is coming along swimmingly! How perfect for you to have a slou...er...POND in the back. It's ideal for someone who can actually identify and name all of those different birds! I was sitting out on the deck today marking essays and wondering what the different calls were - I could hear the birds, but I couldn't see them! The only ones I know around here are magpies, which everyone tells me are pests, but I think they're gorgeous! How did you learn them all? Is there a resource or method you could recommend for learning to identify birds? Well, it's two hours past my bedtime, so I should probably sign off...but I hope you have a fabulous week, Jen! Happy Victoria Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little Gus' expression - like he knows he's gonna get scrapped on "Queen Bee" paper!! The condo looks great and how fun it will be with all the critters nearby. t

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about the Queen Bee line being great with B/W pics in general , Jenn. It's definitely perfect with sweet little Gus !! beautiful take with the Creative Scrappers sketch !!!

    & the progress with the condo building looks good . & that's a lotta birds for us urbanites !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, love what you've done with this line and your cutie Gus looks perfect in it. Love your take of the sketch. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer!! LOVE your LO!! The colors are beautiful!! Wonderful job with Kristen's sketch!!! Your Condo is coming along nicely!!! I have a bunch of ponds in our little neighborhood with lots of birds. I saw a family of Canadian geese this morning taking my DD to school. We had to stop and watch them for a minute, as they had their little goslings out with them. Some are getting pretty big already!! We have lots of red winged blackbirds here as well. I need to get a bird book, as there is a bird that I would like to know what it is. I will have to try and get a photo and put it up on my blog. We also have lots of hummingbirds and bluebirds!! Tho, I do miss my Cardinals and Chickadees that we had in our old neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! How sweet is Gussy?! Gorgeous layout Jen! I love your flowers and alphas and that MS punch is yummy.
    Your condo looks beautiful. How exciting. :)
    Take care.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this layout... you did an AMAZING job with the Queen Bee line... that pic of your pup is perfect for those papers... and he's such a cutie!! I'm so jealous of her new wildlife neighbors... we live in a new development that has no mature landscapping so there's no where for brids to nest so we hardly see any... you're so lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'adore votre page. Toute en douceur, elle met très bien votre photo en valeur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The layout is absolutely, totally, gorgeous, so many wonderful details and great use of the Creative Scrappers sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable page Jenn! Your blog is very inspiring! So when is the housewarming party?? I didn't get to see your last studio so maybe I'll get to see the new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenn...I love the LO...absolutely gorgeous as always!! Ya know I wish you were building here in South Carolina.. I think we could be great friends..we seem to love the same stuff...but I guess we'll just have to settle for internet friends. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout, love all the little touches. Those letters are just perfect too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...