Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bad Blogger

Hello Bloggy Friends!! I have been such a bad blogger lately so I figured that I had better pop in and say hello!! Life has been busy lately. Rob took a few days off this week and we got a few things organized for the upcoming move, as well as an exciting trip to the dump!! Life is quite exciting around here, I tell you!! Today we are onto cleaning and downsizing the garage. We sure know how to enjoy a Saturday!! ;)

So, it is sad when life gets in the way of scrap time. I have managed to get some knitting done.

These are for Diane. I still have quite a few more to make. BTW, if anyone is interested in the pattern for these easy dishcloths, let me know and I'll post it. They are quite fun and to whip up while watching T.V. and are the BEST cloth you will ever use!! Diane moves into her new place in a couple of weeks. Life will get busy again with that, for sure.

Yesterday, I was all set to do this week's sketch for Sketch Inspiration but then I got on another scrappy tangent. Here is what my "studio" looks like right now. Scary!!! LOL

This is what I am working on. Maybe it is hard to tell from this bad basement photo.

I am making two 8x8 dog themed albums. I am donating them for a silent auction that the Alberta Dachshund Rescue is having as a fundraiser. They will hold 20 4x6 photos and have spots for journaling. Hopefully they will pull in a bit of money for this worthy society. I'll post them when I'm done.

I noticed that there is another colour challenge site up and running on Ning. It is called, Color Combos Galore. It was apparently reopening. Maybe some of you have already played along in the past. Jana Eubank is on the DT!! There sure are lots of fun challenges out there. I wish I could keep up with them a little better.

Well, I wish you all a wonderful weekend. I am off with Rob to our favourite sandwich shop for lunch and then it's onto the garage!! Maybe I'll get a bit of scrappy time in tonight and will have something to share!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

4 comments:

  1. I've missed you - glad you got a chance to do some organizing for your move - it's coming fast. Hopefully you won't be homeless for a time - we've got lots of room!! terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on those dishcloths... I wish I could knit!! My scrap room is really scray... your scrap space looks more organized than mine does half the time!! lol I can't wait to check out your doggie albums... that's super sweet that you're taking the time to make them for a good cause!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are seriously too many spots to keep track of! I can barely keep up with my scrappy friends let alone all the sites that exist. I either need more time in the day or a clone. Clone it is, I just hope she's not expensive! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that kind of dishcloth, Jen! If only I knew how to knit, I would definitely love to have the pattern. I have been a bad blogger, too! Things have been crazy around here lately, and I feel like I've hardly had a moment to myself until just this past weekend (one night I was at school until 2:30am - ugh) so I am super glad that things are calming down. I got some awesome news today, though - I've been offered a permanent contract at the school I teach at, which is so awesome. I've only ever been on term contracts, which means that we have a degree of stability that we've never had before. I'm super excited...and I even had to leave the classroom when the principal came to tell me because I was tearing up a little! What a sap I am. Anyhow, I'm hoping that there will be a tonne of scrapping in my future. I'm hoping to crank out a massive album that I promised to my sister 3 years ago in the next month or so...it's going to be a lot of work, but it's fun work. I hope you're having an awesome day, Jen! I hope to be reading and blogging more often now...can't wait for your next post! Will you have something for your C.S. DT? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...