Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Amazing Mother's Day Photo

Finally found the perfect sketch to scrap this wonderful photo of Lisa! It is my much dreamed of "perfect" Mother's Day memory photo. Every year it seems that Lisa is having some kind of medical issue on Mother's Day and this year was no exception. The night before she ended up getting hit in the face with a paint ball capsule that bounced back into the crowd. Yes, it did manage to hit her face out of everyone standing there. :( Thankfully, it did not hit her in the eye. So, I will not give up hope and will continue to dream of that perfect Mother's Day photo of me and my girls. I am having a good feeling about 2011!! ;)

I used some Jenni Bowlin papers. I think they are relatively new out. First time I have seen them at the LSS anyway, so they are new to me!! LOL I hand cut the flowers out of one of the sheets. The butterfly banner stickers are also JB. It does seem kinda morbid to have these little guys strung up by their wings. Maybe there is a better way of creating a banner with them. Hmm.. gotta think about that one. The journaling spot is MME and it was a great item for allowing me to tell my saga.


Here is the sketch from Sketch Inspiration this week.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

12 comments:

  1. I really like this!! Love the colours, the see-through buttons and the touches of black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so lovin this LO!! Great color combination!! The hand cut flowers are super cute!! I love the journaling and the way you told the story... such a great way to scrap this pic!! I'm lovin the SI sketch too... I'm gonna have to try and play along this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Trish's sketches are always fun! I love the color combo! I had to chuckle at your comment about stringing your butterflies by their wings. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this, Jen! The bold colours are perfect for this sketch. I had to laugh when you pointed out the "morbid" banner - I think it's cute, but now I feel sorry for the poor little guys! My summer has gotten off to a busy start! This week, we had birthday and Canada Day celebrations, and then my friend got me a ticket to the country music festival in town here, so that took up most of my weekend! Now, I am scrapping my little heart out trying to complete my sister's wedding album before the end of the week so that I can bring it to her when I see her next week...but of course, it's the sister who doesn't like her photo posted online, so it will be a challenge to figure out how to post the layouts! I might have to blur out the entire pictures. Speaking of which, I better get back to it...I'm hoping to finish at least one more double-pager tonight, and get an earlier start tomorrow! Happy scrapping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...ouch - but great layout - at least you didn't put arrows and bling adding even more attention to the booboo.t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh! What bad luck. LOVE the layout you created. That Jenni Bowlin paper/embellies are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your story behind the pic as always , Jenn ! talk about great timing year in year out !!! hmmmm

    you used these new JB Playdate pps wonderfully here !!!
    It's true I haven't hung my JB butterfly stickers by their wings yet , or have I ? oops ! I'll be mindful of that now ! ;) & you are fast with this take on this week's sketch over at Sketch Inspiration !!! woot !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry! that looks very painful.... I love your page! those butterflies as a banner are just darling. I love your work! It is very detailed. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love your butterfly banner...so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this LO! The banner is beautiful - not morbid at all!!! Your poor DD :( I hope she recovers well, and fast. I know how badly paintballs hurt when they come in contact with bare skin, however I have never been hit in the face....I can't imagine...OUCH! These JB papers I have never seen before. I love them, the colors are beautiful! And perfect use of Trisha's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OUCH...that's gotta hurt!! Love the color combo on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...