Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bling it On!

I have been getting lots of scrapping done and have been having so much fun using up my June Paper Poppy kit! It was a very challenging kit for me to work with. Very vibrant and lots of sparkle and bling. I LOVE the fact that I would never be drawn to purchase these products at the LSS and yet love the finished product! Gotta love the fun of a kit!!

This is a photo of me and Susan in Banff. I love the look of the B&W photo with these vibrant papers. I used Sketch #136 from Sketch Inspiration. Hey, Aphra is going to be the guest sketch artist next week! Can't wait to see the sketch!

This next LO is of me and Susan having our pedicure. We joked that we were both going to be a princess for the week! I crumpled and pleated a doily to make the cameo flower. Bling and sparkly letters just seemed perfect for this LO! This is a sketch from The Scrappiest. Not sure what number but it was in July.


I have enough of my kit left for one more LO
!! Other lines that are calling my name to be pulled from the stash are, MME "So Sophie", Echo Park "Life is Good" and Sassafrass Lass "Indie Girl". All so yummy!!!

Before going I just have to share this photo that I took today of my Father-in-Law. Although he is quite blind from Macular Degeneration, he is the master at getting complicated knots out of yarn! Most of it is done by feel and also a lot of patience! He is a wonderful man who I always feel very blessed to have in my life!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo of your father in law!!! I love the pages you made!! I love your take on the sketches. Yes, Aphra puts together wonderful kits. I enjoy them too, when I do get them. I do order them here and there, but not regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, Jen, especially that handmade flower! I'm so glad you're getting some scrapping done! I keep saying that I'm going to as well...but it hasn't happened yet! Maybe I'll get to print off some pictures today...and then I'll dive into that May kit that I still haven't used! LOL :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts!! I always love seeing your take on sketches!! That's so cool that this kit took you a little out of your comfot zone... the results are gorgeous!! I've gotta try working with a kit one of these days!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing - you do the bling well. It sounds like you had fun with your sis during her visit - I am so thankful my sister is here as it would make me sad if we were far apart. There is NOTHING like a sister who is also a friend. Hope your move in date gets changed...to closer. t

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with the doily in the second one and thte stitching on the circles on the first ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...