Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feeling Shabby Vintage

I have two LO's to share today! I finally cut into my Echo Park "Life is Good"! Loving these fun papers which Susan and I both agree have a bit of a BG Nook & Pantry vibe to them. I gave this photo of my honey a vintage effect to tie into these papers. I also used some BG Basics here.
The sketch is this week's from The Scrappiest, sketch #77. Loved the circular element here. :) Here is the sketch!


This next LO is of me and Susan. Yes, we do sometimes refer to ourselves as "The Two Old Aunts". LOL When Chantal was pregnant with Thomas, we laughed at how old we would be as Thomas grew up!! We used to nickname Thomas, "Little Peanut", before he was born and laughed at what a great children's storybook idea it would be to tell the story of how old we would seem to him, compared to Chantal's sister who is still young. We said we could call it, "Little Peanut and the Two Old Aunts"!! ;) Yes, Susan and I are born story tellers, authors without a book!

I didn't use a sketch here but rather looked at the supplies that I planned on using as inspiration of how to put it together. I used Fancy Pants "Road Show" papers here and some embellishments from "The Girls' Paperie". I used a sheet of doily paper from BG to tone down the green sheet that I used.

Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying these last few days before all the children return to the daily routine of school!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)


9 comments:

  1. Really nice layouts!! The colors in the first one are perfect for a guy LO... and I love the mix in the second LO!! Your story book idea is too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are gorgeous! I love the muted colours! I love the idea of "The Little Peanut and the Two Old Aunts!" You should write that story - even if it's just for Thomas! What a gift! :) How are things going at the new place? Will you get in there on time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I just love Echo Park papers! You've done a stunning job with these Jen. Love the 'Two Old Aunts' layout and the story behind it. I'm looking out to see the book on the shelf at the bookstore soon. ;)
    Take care. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous!!!!! Love of your stitching and buttons. Love those papers and colors too. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love how you worked the Life is Good papers for a masculine layout !!!

    & awesome mix of the FP with the Girls' Paperie on the Old Aunts layout !!! You too are too funny together , huh ?!

    p/s - very happy to hear you can move in really , really soon ! what a relief that must be !! go & nest up now ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I agree with another comment above.. you should write that book.. make a shutterfly book or something for him!! That would be so cool for him to have!! :) Both of these LO's are just wonderful!! You certainly have a knack for the layering and adding all the little bits and pieces to make everything just wonderful!! The first one has such an earthy feel to it. I love teh color palette!! The "aunts" one has such a great vintage'y feel!! Oh so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo so love the colours in that first one and that vintage one is so so pretty love your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one old aunt to the other, Jen - great LOs!! I'm gonna love that Life is Good paper! I love how you printed the photos with that vintage tone. I really need to think about doing that sometimes. BTW, I thought you gave all your Roadshow stuff to me when I visited??? Did you go shopping for more? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages! You did it! A page without a sketch and it is wonderful. Well done. Great mix of pp!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...