Saturday, August 7, 2010

Going Geeky

Well, Rob and I are officially going geeky and have taken up the new hobby of geocaching! As my brother would say, we are using billion dollar satellite equipment to look for tupperware!! LOL Susan and her husband have been geocaching for three years and Susan taught us all about this great hobby while visiting. Rob got his GPS in the mail today so now "Scrappy-Apple" is ready to get down to some serious hunting for treasure! We figure that it is a great way to get out and get some exercise and the pups can come along and will love it too. My girls just roll their eyes at our new passion, but what do they know!! LOL

Here is a photo of us finding our very first cache in Banff. I used my July Paper Poppy Kit again and still have enough for one more LO! I can't believe how much I am enjoying these sparkly alphas. So not my style and yet I love the mix with these papers. I used the newest Sketch Inspiration Sketch. It was fun to finally have a chance to play along. Here is the sketch!

Tomorrow my team's up at Creative Scrappers. I'll post my take tomorrow. I used some Cosmo Cricket Delovely and a photo of my Maggie May! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Cute page! Love how you've used the road along the bottom. Really ties it together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww,not nerdy, cute! I love that photo. and you worked it out with that layout. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my ! how fun that sounds for you ! treasure hunting ?! geocaching !! woot ! sure sounds like a great fun activity for your fam to do together !!!

    & a fun layout with the Paper Poppy kit ! great use of all the CC chipboard elements !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the LO, Jen, and what an awesome new hobby! I've thought of giving that a try...is the hiking quite strenuous? I hope you get to go a couple more times before you're more focused on the upcoming move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so perfect for the photo of your first cache!!! It would be fun to do!! I should talk to my DH.. maybe we can get the kids into it. Ben loves going on "abentures" like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute LO!! Those papers are perfect for scrapping that photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun layout..I love the touch of stitching....just adds that extra touch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...