Friday, August 20, 2010

Paper Poppy August Sketch Challenge

Well, it is a bit smokey here in Alberta these days. B.C. is having major forest fires (300 burning now) and as of yesterday afternoon, it all blew in our way. It was a sunny day yesterday, but soon turned to a very grey day. I feel very badly for the people in B.C and for anyone around who has breathing issues. Today it is more of an orange haze and a campfire smell. Where's the marshmellows?? So, days like this just seem like the perfect excuse to hide away and scrap!!

I loved scrapping these photos of my father-in-law's 85th birthday! He was happy to have his two sons with him. I used Cosmo Cricket "Delovely". I used patterned kraft paper by Jillibean Soup. I saw how Aphra used kraft as a background to these vibrant papers and loved the look. Remember how this time last year it was all about the "kraft" paper look. I still love this look!!! It works especially well for nature photos.

Here is the sketch at Paper Poppy. I made my border a bit wider to show off some of the fun borders in this line.

Hope everyone is having a very scrappy week!! I intend to do some more in the next few days because, as of next Thursday I am not longer homeless!!!! Yay for me!!!! (hee hee) The condo nightmare is finally coming to an end. We had our final walk through yesterday and it is looking good. I can't wait to get my house set up as it was early in May when I started packing it up. The home body in me will soon once again be a happy camper!! Who would have thought that having a nest was such an important part of life??? LOL

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome LO, Jen! I agree - the kraft paper with the bright colours is a great combo! Happy birthday to your father-in-law! Glad to hear that you are going to be in your new place soon. I definitely understand the importance of a "nest" - I loved visiting my friends and family, but I LOVE being home. I hear you about the smoke - when it came through here the day before it hit Edmonton, I thought our house was on fire. So strange, because usually, in BC, it doesn't even smell like fire, it's just hazy. I hope it clears out for you soon! I'm back at work this week, so summer is almost over, and I haven't scrapped since early July! Crazy, hey? Maybe I'll get a day in here sometime soon, but I can't even see my scrap table right now! No shortage of things to do around here! :) Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute LO... I really like the kraft... for some reason I tend to pair bright colors with either black or white... next time I work with bright colors I'm gonna have to try kraft!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Delovely paper with the craft..a perfect pairing!! Happy Birthday to your father in law!! Sorry to hear about the forest fires. We have had a ton of rain down here in WI this summer. So exciting that you will be in your new place!!! Congrats!! It will be fun to unpack and get it all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout looks stunning Jennifer! A great milestone for your FIL and you've scrapped it beautifully.
    Have fun setting up your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful page! But the pictures are priceless... my father in law is also 85 years old. Happy Sunday Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...