Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sketch Inspiration #138

Just a quick post to share my latest creation. This is Diane looking less than happy. Not sure if it was the fact that her mother was trying to get yet another picture of her or she was just having one of those blah days. I love the idea of scrapping the every day events and not only documenting the best times. Life sure gives us the good times as well as the not so good times.

I used a bunch of different lines here. Why is it that the mixing of lines always gives the best results? I guess it adds an original element. The background sheet is from Studio Calico and the large floral die cuts are from Creative Imaginations. Gotta love that bargain bin!! ;) I used lots of scraps from my scrap drawer. I tied a scrap of quilting fabric around the alpha. Thanks Terry for giving me such a great stash of inspiration!! :)

Here is the sketch!

Tomorrow we get our condo and are no longer homeless!!! Yay!!! :) Our furniture is not coming out of storage until Monday so we will basically be camping out at the new place. We bought a blow up bed from Canadian Tire. As of Friday I will have a fridge and stove but no pots or eating equipment. hee hee So I am presently more of a "bag lady" with everything that I have here at my MIL's stored in bags. I feel like I have been living out of my purse for over a month. What a crazy summer it has been!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

Happy Scrapping

9 comments:

  1. wow ! love your take on this sketch ! the color combo goes perfect with the pic ! & I love all the circular elements .

    I so admire you being able to scrap so well inspite of being a "bag lady" . Happy, busy days ahead when you get your keys no doubt !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! You will be an adorable "bag lady" and make sure you take tons of pictures! The before and after are important. And I love your page and your picture too, she is so pretty! Love your take of the sketch. You do a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks stunning Jennifer! I love the photo and the papers are perfect. :)
    Yay!! for no longer being homeless. Lol, enjoy camping over the weekend.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the cute paper that you used on this:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hope you are reading this in your new house....I love that page and that little fabric scrap is the cuteist... thanks for the thankyou gift back - hugs -t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Layout. Good Morning, hope you are having a great day…. I left a little something for you on my blog.
    http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2010/08/wow-another-cherry-on-top-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. te he love the photo...yepIm into scrappingthe good and the bad, love your soft colour scheme here too

    ReplyDelete
  8. the perfect mix of papers! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fab LO, Jen! Your daughter is so pretty! :) I agree - the mixing really makes the LO! :) I'm headed to a crop this weekend, and I can't wait! I have soooo many pics to scrap! I'm definitely going to take my laptop for some sketch inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...