Sunday, September 5, 2010

Creative Scrappers Sketch #120

Well, there is a new sketch up this morning at Creative Scrappers and it is a good one!!! Aphra designed it and it was my team's reveal. This LO's subject was none other than Moose! I wanted to document his new adventure in life living with Sheri and her family with all the Daschunds that she rescues and finds good homes for. He has been renamed "Moosimo" by Sheri's little 4 and 6 year old daughters. Too cute. I can only imagine the wonderful life he has, not only having these little girls, but the company of all these other pups!

Here is a photo of him up on the site. He is on the left, standing with Lalo who is still looking for a good home.

So, onto the scrappy stuff! I used Studio Calico "Home Front" papers for this. I LOVED the retro late 60's feel to this line. I followed Aphra's sketch to the letter because I liked it so much. I rarely use stars in my LO's and must try to do it more often.


Here is the sketch.

I only have one more reveal and then my time on the DT is over. :( It sure was fun. I loved getting to see all those amazing sketches early!!!

On the home front, things are getting nicely settled around here and the place is starting to look like home again! Yay to being a home body! We only have a few more tasks before being totally set up. The condo is getting it's landscaping done and I am happy to say that I have a red rose bush in my front yard. They have planted many trees and I am still in awe every time I look out to my "slough"!! hee hee Seeing ducks and Canadian Geese just make me happy!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday with hopefully some time for scrapping. I'm hoping to start setting up my studio next week and then I can get back to my regular scrappy life.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh he is so adorable! The page is awesome Jenn! Happy that you are finally into to your new home! Now get busy on setting up that studio so you can create more masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! and yes, it is a great sketch, I love Aphra's stuff. Hope you are enjoying your new place and are all rested up after so much waiting and work. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to here that you're finally getting settled into your condo!! Great layout... the soft colors of the pp with the b&w photo is a gorgeous combination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your paper choices are fabulous, soft and lovely and Ilove all your circles scattered about the layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great story with Moose now ! love your color combo here & your fab take ! You're not staying on for another DT term ?

    Good news with your scrappy studio coming together soon enough !!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... 'Moosimo' is so cute. Love your layout Jen and so glad to hear you are settling in well. Can't wait to see more scrapping from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally darling pic and layout! Your scrappy skills are just fabulous! I've missed your regular blogging! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Jen, I saw this lo over on CS this morning and fell in love with it! I will miss your work for CS but will enjoy keeping up with you on your blog. Glad things are settling in nicely at your new home. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray, hoorah!! I am so glad to hear that things are settling in nicely, both for you and little Moosimo! What a cute name. This is an awesome take on that sketch - love the bright star! - but I have to say that I am going to miss your time on the DT, too! :) I am such a fan of your work, Jen! Of course, I know you'll still be working with their sketches, and I'm sure that other DT work is just around the corner for you. Things have been busy around here. I travelled half the summer and then wasn't feeling well for a while, but I'm back to school and settling nicely into my routine. It looks to be a very busy semester, but I'm very inspired on the creative front, and so I really hope that will mean lots of blogging for me! I do hope you post pics of your new scrap space - I can't wait to see it! Take care, Jen! I hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jennifer!! I saw this layout on Creative Scrappers and I'm here now to see your works! This page is amazing!! I loooooved it!! And I loved your blog to! I will came back here more times! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...