Saturday, September 25, 2010

Flying Solo

I spent yesterday playing with Restorations again!! This line is going a long way and seems to just put itself together. It is so easy to work with.

I am proud to say that I created these two LO's without a sketch. I decided to just use the product as my inspiration. I pulled everything from the line that went with the colours I was working with and just shifted things around until I got the look that I was pleased with.

Here is my father-in law. I have posted this photograph on my blog previously and was really happy to get it scrapped. The Jenni Bowlin butterfly went so well with this line. I just removed the gems and replaced it with a button which suited the vintage vibe better.

Here is me and Rob on vacation last year. I pulled the colour of my shirt for colour inspiration. The kraft envelopes really go well with this line. The banner is a rub on!

Well, I had better take a bit of a scrapping break this weekend. We finally have some really warm weather and I want to enjoy it while it is here! Wishing you all a fun weekend!!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. I loooove these layouts... I think they're some of my favorties that you've done!! I love the idea of changing the butterfly to fit your page... so simple yet it makes a huge impact... love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You really have an eye for composition, Jen - these look like they're from a well-balanced sketch! I adore that vintage feel in the first one (yay for the bicycle!) and that photo is awesome. The second one has such a sweet, romantic tone. LOVE! I'm hoping to get out and enjoy the gorgeous weather here, too...think I can walk in the park and mark essays at the same time? LOL One can dream. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my ! oh my! i especially love the layout of you & Rob !!! woot ! you must send in your Restoration layouts to Crate I say!!!

    it doesnt matter that you use a sketch or not ! if you can design , it works all ways for sure! lol WTG , hun !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely layouts! Thanks for sharing! Also, just a note to say that Papercraft Star will be holding a DT call soon and right now you can sign up to win a $25.00 gift certificate too! We'd love for you to join for our challenges! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. O That master layout is just divine that butterfly is just perfect....and that pink one is just so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...