Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some Indie Girl Goodness

Well, I finally tore myself away from Restorations, just long enough to play with some more Indie Girl. The perfect line for this vintage effect photo of Diane and Gus.

I wanted to document just how hopeful he always is that his human family will remember him before taking the last bite. Diane and Gus have a history, as he once nipped her leg a little when he got just a little too excited about her eating chicken. Poultry brings out the worst in Gus! ;)

I decided to hide the end of my stitched line behind a banner. Banners really do have a lot of uses!
This flower was made by using a Studio Calico rub on and then cutting the image out. Do you see that little pink ticket? I just LOVE it. I picked it up at my LSS. It is actually mounted on a piece of wood!

This store has a huge wooden cabinet with many drawers and each one contains things like this....


or this.....

I have to seriously go in there one day and just spend about an hour going through all the goodness in there. The stuff is a bit pricey. I paid $3.75 for that ticket!! But I can rationalize it..... sometimes, that little bit of goodness just adds such originality to a LO. The perfect touch if you will. ; Gee, I hope the big guy buys this line! ;) LOL He is actually my biggest enabler of my scrappy addiction!! :) He tells the ladies at the LSS that he just buys me what I want so I stay downstairs in the studio. He then adds that he will throw me down a granola bar once in awhile and make the odd cup of tea for me to keep me hydrated! ;)

So here is the sketch that I used. Another great one by Helen Croft!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day and enjoying some great fall weather!!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

10 comments:

  1. It's great that you're back to scrapping and blogging - I really missed it! LOVE this LO too and that ticket is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink and green - what a great combo! That pic is awesome, too...even the not-so-great habits are so cute, hey! :) Love the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I love all the banners and layers!!! That ticket was just the perfect touch! So funny about your DH!! LOL Mine tells me my nose is always buried in a scrapbook!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer.
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.
    WOW your LOs are divine and your blog is gorgeous.
    I look forward to visiting you more often and yes all those wonderful goodies do look very tempting!
    Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realy pretty layout... the ticket is super pretty too... it definitely is the perfect touch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. another beautiful take on Helen's sketches ! woot ! love how you used the Indie Girl here !

    p/s : thank you for the birthday wishes , girlfriend ! lol ! that's so nice of you to notice ! ;) I dont like celebrating birthdays much these days alas ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet hubs! Great LO! That store could be deadly. I would love to spend hours in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Lo is fantastic!!! I LOVE the pink ticket in the flower... just the right touch!! It's nice to have a husband that supports your habit!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful page..love the paper & flower so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...