Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Still Playing with Restorations

I have put a serious dent in my Crate "Restorations" paper pack. It is one of those lines that just makes me want to create with it until I use up every little scrap.

Here is Rob and Susan playing backgammon while we were in Banff. Susan goes through withdraw if she has to go too long without a backgammon match! LOL Yes I was the little sister who would totally frustrate my older sister by saying that I didn't want to play a game today. ;) Sorry Susan. :)

The playing card is hand cut from one of the pieces of paper. I used more french knots on the border too! What is a scrapper to do when she has no small black brads on hand? That really should be a staple in the stash! I have to admit that I am having some issues with that yellow button sitting there all naked like without a stitch in it. ;) It was a pre-made chipboard piece. I debated putting a black button on top but didn't want to take away from the pop of yellow. Oh well, I'll get over it. It must be the stitcher in me that has this thing with naked buttons. LOL

I used a sketch by Helen Croft. Her blog "Scrap a Little" is always very inspiring with not only sketches but tutorials too. You can check it out here. She is also looking for guest designers, so give it a go!! Here is the sketch.

Lastly, don't forget to check out my Give Away here. I am having so much fun with this and am loving reading all about what makes you all happy! :)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool!!! I love the french knots! Brings me back to my cross stitching days...until my scrapping took it over!! LOL Love all the layers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout!! really fun title!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOOOOOVE this LO!!! It is so much fun to be scrapping basically the same photos from our vacation and to see the differences in what we do with them. I had totally forgotten about the "champignon" (mushroom) reference but did mention my backgammon withdrawal in my journaling! LOL

    By the way, I am the same way with buttons - every once in a while I use one in its "naked form" and it always bugs me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ! i love how you're cutting thru this CP line with speed ! woot ! love all the subject matters too ! wonderful ! & I hope you are taking part in the GD search over at Helen's site !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been doing some wonderful layouts with this range Jennifer. I love it!
    Backgammon is one of my favourite games.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this Jennifer..the teal really pops,a nd I love all your buttons and brads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, naked buttons! Is your blog turning scandalous, or what, Jen! ;) LOL Using french knots is a brilliant idea! I was wishing for some tiny black brads just the other day (I have bright primary colours but no more black!) and I wish I would have thought of that...you're brilliant, lady! I hope you had the warm-ish weather we had today in GP - it was delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...