Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Favourite Cat

It has been a while since I scrapped a photo of my "grandkitty"! I love this photo of Mo in total primal stealth mode as he tries to hunt down bugs. He is quite the hunter and I am shocked that he never got stung when I consider just how many bees he tried to catch.

I used Pebbles "Tree House" for this LO. I don't usually look much at this manufacturer, but took a closer look yesterday now that Sarah is on the DT!! Yeah, I went to the LSS for some retail therapy and now I'm ready to create!!! yay!!!! Anyway, I really enjoyed working with this whimsical line with the glittery chipboard embellishments. The palette was perfect for this outdoor photo. I cut the border from a piece of paper. I like the flowing lines of it.

I used some of the journaling/title cards to layer a corner element and then wove jute through the border.


The sketch is Sketch #144 from Sketch Inspiration. This sketch sure had my mind spinning. Bubble wrap and ink or lots of punched circles would be awesome. But.... I had no bubble wrap and kinda took the quick way out by just cutting out a scalloped circle on the Cricut. ;)

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh my, this is nice with a capital "N"!! Love those whimsical papers and all the little embellishments and that photo is priceless! You never really lose your mojo, Jen - you just put it on hold temporarily. ;-) Glad it's back for you - and us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this LO!! The pic is super cute... he looks like a super cuddly lion!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great layout Jen - love that you used "birdy" paper for a kitty pix - ha!! Ah, sweet shopping to get your groove back - I've been working on a mini-album - I have to give it to Carley first before I post pix. t

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous layout Jen! The photo is incredible and your layout is simple but so effective. I would say you found your mojo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot ! you really took that sketch to your own level , hun ! WTG !!! & yes this line by Pebbles' Inc is particularly attractive this year !

    I never knew cats would hunt for bees ! he's a lark !

    ReplyDelete
  6. tee hee that photo is a classic, I like the fresh clean lines on this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bold LO for an awesome photo! I love that swooshy birdhouse element - just gorgeous, Jen! I'm so glad to see that your scrappy mojo is back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...