Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thoughts of "Ladybug"

Hello Bloggy friends!! I have to admit that I have been a really lame blogger lately. Once we got home from Montreal I was busy getting things organized again. I have got my photos from the trip developed but just haven't quite made it downstairs to do anything with them. I do have to admit that the studio is a mess!!

In the past couple of days I have been busy making arrangements to apply to adopt this little sweetie!!

Her story is a sad one. She and four Chi's were found abandoned out in the county near Red Deer this past August. They were all brought to the Dachshund Rescue Center and Sheri took on the task of looking for placement. So far, two of the Chi's have found homes. I have been watching this little one almost daily and hoping that I would soon see that adoption was pending. I had decided that once I got back from Montreal, if she was still available, I would apply for her. With Rob and Lisa having allergies, there are few dogs that we would be in a position to rescue. So, my application is in and I have been in contact with her foster mom to gather more information on her. It seems like it will be a very good fit.

She is between 6-8 years old and is a mini and only weighs 6 pounds. Poor little thing was never properly house trained but it is coming along well with her only having an accident about once a week. If I do get Ladybug or "Lady" as I will call her, I will be doing lots of dog walking and lots of dog monitoring. It will almost be like having a puppy until I get her settled in. I am up for the challenge!! My scrappy world may suffer temporarily and you may see more posts of dog photos and the knitting that I will accomplish while spending time with my pack.

So, wish me luck in getting this little one! :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for word! I'll keep you all posted.

Hope you are all getting lots of scrapping done especially now with chillier days ahead.

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. awe she looks like a little sweetheart... i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo ! you are a sweetie for rescuing her ! hope all the adoption process goes without a hitch in anyway now ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladybug is such a sweetie! Wishing you all the best with your new addition. I got a dog 6 years ago from a rescue agency and have no regrets! I love her like she was my child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you, Jen. She'll be a lucky dog if she gets to join your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting for you - another child for your "empty nest". At least getting another dog isn't like fifteen cats or anything....t

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things go well with the doggie rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Jennifer. 'Lady' will be a very lucky dog if she gets to join you. :)
    Take care.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck Jenn ...I hope everything works out for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! I can't wait to see a post that she's finally yours. You are so sweet to help out this little rescued pooch! She's super cute, and I'm glad to hear that things are moving along (and also that they have a thorough adoption process to weed out the bad owners!) I'm sure we'll be seeing some great poodle layouts soon! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...