Monday, October 4, 2010

"Wishful"

It is an overcast and somewhat gloomy day here in Alberta so..... what a great day to hide out in the studio and scrap!!!!

Here is another photo of that furry love of mine, Mo. Those green eyes just make me happy. I used some Fancy Pants papers called "Wishful Thinking". I was really attracted to the banner that was printed on the sheet of borders. The perfect title to capture Mo just wishing that the birds will fly down and play with him. Yeah..... or something like that. ;) I was unsure as to whether this colour palette would work with this very green photo but decided that the pinks brought out the pink in his ears. It felt good to use a different palette than I would usually choose for this kind of photo.

I finally got to use that little chipboard owl that I have had forever. Now I only have 4 more to find homes for. The pin at the top is from the new Pink Paislee "Sweetness" collection. I was shocked that my LSS had it in already.

I used this week's sketch from Creative Scrappers designed by Aphra. I like the amount of white space in the top of the LO.

Not sure what my next project will be. My "Sweetness" line is calling my name but I'm scared to use it!! I have been sooo excited to get my hands on some of these papers, but once I got them home and looked at them I realized that they have a real "Webster's Pages" vibe to them. Totally beautiful but I can never figure out what to do with them. I've been snooping around the PP site looking for some scraplifting, ummmm, I mean inspirational ideas. ;)

Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)

9 comments:

  1. Super sweet! Love your take! Great pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! Great colour palette! Love the banner, the buttons and that little owl is too cute. Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute layout and i totally love the colors!! i totally know what ya mean about the sweetness line... i really got a webster's vibe from it too... i almost didnt order it but the backsides look a lot less detailed so i'm hoping they won't be too much of a challenge for me!! anyway, i can't wait to see what you do with it, i know you'll come up with some beautiful layouts using it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous color combo as always , hun!

    Now dont you worry about a thing with the Sweetness line - just do your thang ! lol even if it may have to involve some fussy cutting perhaps ? the florals are very similar to WP's for sure - I didnt buy it since I wanted to play with the Parisian Anthology line which already cost too much! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH this is so cute!! LOVE that pic, and yes, the pink pulls out the color in his ears. It was a beautiful, not a cloud in the sky day!! Wish I could of sent it further north!!! The whole week is supposed to be like this. Definitely apple picking and doing some outside stuff to get ready for winter..like clean the windows before it gets too cold and get the deck furniture and hoses put away. Fun! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo is a cutie. I may have to do a layout soon for my kitty Melodie. Love the papers & embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks stunning Jennifer! That photo is perfect for the sketch with Mo looking up like that. I love your banner and the buttons on the side and that sweet lil owl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mo is sooo cute and so is your page. Love the banner and the papers and colors are so pretty too. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this palette with this photo, Jen! I think it works really well! You really capture some awesome photos of this cat. The banner title works so well with his face upturned like that! Glad you got to spend a cloudy day indoors. I spent the weekend inside, too, doing stuff around the house. I have to say, I'm already looking forward to this upcoming long weekend, though! :) Do you have plans for Thanksgiving? We're having company from BC. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...