Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

We are still freezing here in Alberta!  Brrrrrrr!!!  What better way to embrace winter than to celebrate these days by scrapping winter photographs.  Last winter I decided to make an effort to embrace winter.  I started a "Winter" album dedicated to this season.  So, here is one more for the album!


This is me at about 10 years of age.  Gotta love that "popcorn" hat!!!  Hand knit by my mother.  I would never be able to figure out how to make all those little bumps!!  My father took this photograph of me.

I used an assortment of supplies here.  When Susan was visiting last week, we were looking through some of my stash and I was surprised by the amount of papers I had that I had totally forgotten about.  I unearthed the treasure of these CC "Jolly by Golly" and Magenta (a Canadian manufacturer).  I also used some more Crate "Snow Day".  Anyway,  Susan says that I have enough supplies to scrap for years without ever needing to go to the LSS.  LOL  I know that she is right and I am now going to try to shop right at home in my own scrapbook room!!  It sounds like a great plan by I know that I will get far to excited when new lines emerge once again.  But..... I'm trying!!!! ;)

I used this week's sketch at Creative Scrappers.  Here it is.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen

11 comments:

  1. Super cute page. Fun, girly, and great for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture, Jen! How fun to scrap pictures from your childhood! I'd love to do more like that - I think I need to make copies the next time I visit my mom. :) I have a few here that I might try out, especially because I have a DT page due for the LSS on the 30th with a Christmas theme and no new Christmas photos to take pictures of...unless I get the tree up by then! LOL That sounds like wishful thinking to me. I hope you hare keeping warm - it was -41 with windchill this morning. I was so glad my car started since I forgot to plug it in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwahahha ! right there with ya ,sista ! we oughta get more excited shopping amongst our own stash!!!teehee i really am so pleased with what I already have. no appetite for new stash save tools or replacements for tools . ;)

    such a great mix of brands you have here & a precious pic which doesnt even look old to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this, Jennifer! So so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhhh Jen, I love, love, love this layout and the pix of you is too cute. Sorry I can't get excited about our weather lately - but thanks for scrapping it anyway. t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!!! Love it Jen. The colors are ADORABLE!!!!!. Have a blessed and fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love the colors on this layout!! i was guessing the photo was of you before i saw that it was!! too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is a gorgeous LO, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is stunning, the colours you have used are gorgeous, and your layering superb....gorgeous gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...