Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nature LO

It has been quite some time since I have scrapped a nature picture!  We took a picture of this big guy last summer in Banff.  He and his buddy were the only wildlife we saw the entire week we were there.  It was on the hotter side so I think that explains why.


I used the new Crate Paper "School Spirit" line.  Not just for school LO's for sure!  The flower on the far bottom right was made by wrapping floss around a scalloped die cut.  I then punched a one inch circle as my center.  Such an easy embellishment.  Why have I waited so long to try this easy technique?  The puzzle piece in this LO has a story behind it.  When we ere moving last summer, I found this one puzzle piece down where the kids had their toys and games when they were younger.  I thought it would make a cute embellishment so I popped it into my purse.  I dragged it around with me all summer long!  After all, I was almost homeless and at times felt like I was living out of my purse!! ;)  Now I'm glad I kept it. :)

The sketch I used is from this month's sketch challenge at Crate Paper!  Here it is.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

7 comments:

  1. awesome layout, jen!! the puzzle piece looks like it was ment to go with this paper line... it's the perfect accent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute nature lo. I love that measuring tape paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Jen, you have the most amazing eye for paper - who would have thought that school theme paper would work for an elk!! I love that little puzzle piece - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO I have similiar photos from 5 years ago memories memories, love your gorgeous colour scheme here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love your colors and that picture is so majestic... love ti. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my ! your use of Crate Paper is just phenom, my dear !!!! fab pic too ! & congrats on the 1st Blog-iversary !!!! How fast is that ! one year already ! unbelievable ! lol ;) here's to many more to come then !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this orange and aqua combo - and what a great pic! I had to smile at the "puzzle piece" story - I am forever saving little bits and bobs for scrapping! One day I saved the little tag from my tea bag at work that said "tranquility" or something like that...I got a few weird looks from my friends, but they just know I'm a mad scrapper! LOL :) Happy Beginning of December! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...