Monday, November 22, 2010

Scrapping and Scraplifting!

I have been doing a bit of both.  Yes, if scraplifting was a crime, I would be given a life sentence. ;)

First I'll share my LO that was much inspired by one of my favourite scrappy mentors, Julie Bonner.  I follow her blog faithfully and basically study everything that she does.  She is such a talent and inspiration.  When I saw this LO I knew I had to find this paper and fancy cut those big beautiful flowers.

I used her LO as a sketch, did some doodling which I'm still not comfortable with and added my own touches with the embellishments that I had on hand.  The line of paper is by SEI.  Thomas is wearing the little fall outfit that I brought to him on our visit.  He looked sooooo cute in it!!!  The pants are all lined with fleece so it is perfect for a chilly fall day!  Gotta LOVE that hat!!  Rob kept saying that it looked like an Elmer Fudd hat. :(


Here is another one of Thomas!  Yes I have been in a Thomas kinda scrapping mood!  That face just makes me smile!  What can I say??  I used a mish mash of products here with the last scraps of MME Alphabet Soup.  I only noticed after I used that cute elephant chipboard, that Thomas has an elephant on his bib.  Got a chance to use one more of Susan's wonderful flowers.  Love how the corduroy brad sets it off!


Here is the sketch I used.  This week's sketch at Sketch Inspiration.


My last LO to share was created today with today's sketch at The Scrappiest.


I am feeling in a winter kinda mood.  The fact that it is -30 celsius with the wind chill is definitely helping.  Do you know how hard it is to get a 7 pound Poodle with very skinny legs to go out into this temperature to pee??  Urgghhhh  I have my work cut out for me.  Poor little Maggie seized up and couldn't make it inside.  I turned around and saw her sitting in the snow trying to hold her little paws up. I ran back for her and scooped her up.  You can't let these little ones out of your sight for a second in these temperatures.   Anyway, I am on a tangent so back to the LO!

I took this picture last winter!  This is the pond outside our place.  We were going to take a peek at our construction progress when I saw these boys playing hockey.   Nothing more Canadian than this sight, well, except for street hockey!...... "car!"  hee hee  My Canadian friends will understand. ;)


I used the Crate "Snow Day" collection!  Loving this whimsical and colourful line!  I loved being able to use the string of christmas lights in place of the banner on the sketch.  The white card stock background helped to break up these busy papers as well as give a bit of a cold feel to the LO.

Hoping you are all staying warm!  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)



13 comments:

  1. Great take on your friends page and on these sketches. Some really fun ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Wow, you are a quick scrapper...I only wish I were. Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is getting cold down here across the border too!! I am dreading the sub zero temps. Saturday, I went to St. Paul, MN, to take Ben to a train exhibit. The temp was 9 above (fahrenheit). Takes getting used to. Sub zero temps are creeping in!! LOVE all the pages! The first one, so cute!! I love the color scheme on the one with Thomas, 2nd one. That last one is just so fun too!!! We do the same thing down here too.. shovel off the ponds to go skating. That line couldn't be any more perfect for your pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! you've been busy!! awesome layouts, as always!! i've had the crate paper snow days sitting on my shelf for awhile now... i think it's time to pull it out and play with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, these are all awesome! I especially love that last one - the Christmas-light banner is definitely cute! The way you used the lines of crystals to make the hills under the snowman is brilliant! :) It's super cold here too (-33 with windchill today) so I hear you on getting the little ones to pee. Sometimes Molly seizes up like that and I've had to go out in my slippers to carry her up the deck steps. It's awful! Someone needs to invent a heated pee-tent for those tiny northern doggies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. goodness you have been busy Jennifer, I love how yo umake each layout look so different, butI especially love those flowers in the first layout, perfect flowers, perfect colours perfect placement

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They are all gorgeous Jennifer. Love the Street Hockey layout. So fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoo ! so many fantastic layouts for eye candy here , grrl ! way to go ! the last layout with the CP Snow Day is especially striking ! you really must email them ! & Thomas is such a cutie patootie !!! just darling !!! his layouts ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen, I LOVE all these layouts!! They're really fantastic! My scrappy stuff is all packed away in boxes now awaiting the move. I'm sure it'll be months before I get to scrap again. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Cute! Cute! Thanks for participating with us at The Scrappiest.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously FABULOUS - ALL of them!!!! Love the papers you used - still haven't dug into my Snow Day goodies but so want to after I have seen yours :) Thank you so much for your sweet comments - I am truly flattered to be "studied" by such a talented scrapper as yourself - I am a super fan of your work!!! Thanks Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout! I love this paper line! THank you for joining us at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous takes on all the sketches! You do such beautiful work!!
    Thanks for playing with us at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...