Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nautical but Nice!

I'm playing with the Design Dollies again today.  Here is a super fun challenge.... nautical!  Here is my take.


I didn't have any water themed pictures or boat or pirate type scrappy goods, so I googled the word nautical  and studied images.  I decided to use a nautical colour theme of red, white, blue and a touch of yellow.  I used clean lines, so no fancy border punches for this one! ;)  The stars helped with the theme as well as the banner. I used the jute as it reminded me of rope.  I wanted to use a sketch that had a circular element to represent a life saver.  Here is my sketch that I created to use.


It was a really fun challenge!  Play along for the monthly prize if you have some extra time during this busy time of year.  I have not been scrapping much these days.  I am enjoying the company of my sister Susan and her family.  They have arrived from Quebec and are just waiting for the moving van to make it's way across this vast land of ours.  Maybe tomorrow????  It all depends on how many snow storms there were along the way.


I'll leave you with this seasonal vintage image! :)  Happy Scrapping!!  Jen :)

5 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful, Jen!! I love the color scheme and think you did a great job with the challenge!!! You have such a cool stash of goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I think this is a new fav of yours, I love the clean fresh feel to it, the white space and the gorgeous photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure rawked the nautical color scheme , Jenn ! love all the touch of jute too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and cheerful, Jen! I love it! Thanks for the inspiration tonight - I'm hoping to get into my scrap room tomorrow once I clean it up! LOL It looks like a bomb went off in there! :) I'm so glad to be finished school for a couple of weeks because I should be able to get in a lot of scrappy time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I am all goose-bumpy! What a great page! The colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...